What bears like for a snack.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy and respect wildlife, I give them their area and I have mine. My yard is for my family and I, farm cats fine, dogs fine, most other creatures (skunks, racoons, woodchucks, etc) they can have all the other pastures, woods and fields.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mix 16 oz. of honey with a small bottle of liquid smoke... pour it on a mature tree trunk about 5 feet off the ground and on the sunny side of the tree.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always said, a bear will walk over 10 pounds of prime rib for a couple of Ho-Ho's or those apple fruit pies. Fun to watch but having them around can be a pain as they can be darn distructive.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They'll wreck shit for sure trying to find more food if lured in once.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can’t think of a better idea than feeding a bear that will come back and look for more every day. Then spend every day looking over your shoulder whenever you are outside. Yes by all means feed the bear.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ours really liked dog food and mountain dew!
Loved all kinds of fruit as well.
FB_IMG_1640194977634.jpg

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet that wasfun years that's for sure
Many fun years for sure, just grew up thinking he was a dog I guess. Never caged or chained up and he never left the ranch. Had two actually. Every year mom would bring him to the local schools, she'd take him right into all the classrooms. He loved riding shotgun in the truck and looking out the window, just like a dog. Ha ha

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Many fun years for sure, just grew up thinking he was a dog I guess. Never caged or chained up and he never left the ranch. Had two actually. Every year mom would bring him to the local schools, she'd take him right into all the classrooms. He loved riding shotgun in the truck and looking out the window, just like a dog. Ha ha
Cool life experience thanx for sharing your story.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet the neighbors still talk about seeing a bear riding shotgun. Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet the neighbors still talk about seeing a bear riding shotgun. Very funny. Thanks for sharing.
Oh most definitely! Him getting in the delivery truck while the new driver walked up the drive to drop off a package is a doozy! Most everyone knew you had to close your windows and doors or he'd hop in. Well this driver didn't know that, ended up going for a ride down the road not knowing he was in the back. Which wound up causing and accident when she looked in the back to see what was making noise! Neighbors picked her up a mile down the road running for her life!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like you miss him. How many years ago. Thanks for sharing!
This was in the 80s, great time to be a teenager that's for sure! He used to wake up in the winter once in a while and we'd be like go back to bed you goof ball. That's mom probably telling him that here ha ha. We just made him a den from straw bales, kind of like an igloo.
Used to take him to the public beach on the 4th of july..you wanna see folks scatter! We'd have the beach all to ourselves until the cops and or wardens came! Ha ha ha
20201002_045939.jpg

Tinesdown

Id. Like to think if u hadnt been feeding sugary shit a big carp or buffaloe sucker would be on the menu

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 47