Audubon/Semi Crash

Fitz

Established Member
My wife heard that a semi went off the road tonight and crashed onto/into Audubon. I sure hope everyone is safe. I couldn't imagine...

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
man, that's pretty deep along 83. Ice won't hold that up....prayers

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife and I just drove across there this morning on our way to Bismarck for the weekend...thoughts and prayers for all those involved.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife passed it right as EMT we’re getting there. She said the back end was down the rocks and the cab was down from the rail as it had broke when the driver busted through it. It was dark and she couldn’t see how far down it was or if it was on the ice. She said it looked pretty scary but as far as I know the entire semi was not on the ice from what little I’ve gathered. I’ll know more when she gets home.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It didn’t make it to the ice. I’m sure there was a major pucker factor. Back end of the trailer wasn’t too far onto the rocks and the can jackknifed back toward the highway. Not sure how it happened but Idda shit myself on that ride.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like some diesel made it into the lake
https://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Weather-causes-semi-crash-on-Highway-83-503365821.html
image.jpeg

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was icy as shit here starting at 4:00 in the afternoon. 2 inches of wet heavy snow froze in a sheet of glair ice. Went to supper at 5 and it was accident after accident here in town. Was very interesting if you were going down some of the steeper hills. People were rubbing their tires on the curbs trying to stop.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man that was nasty then. I sure don't miss that crap in the least. Just talked with a buddy on the phone and he is from Skytown (Sykeston) and he said he heard there might be a nasty storm coming there in a couple of days. Depending on which way it turns of course.
He said the roads around there were nasty too last night from packed snow that turned to ice.
Tis the season. ;:;barf

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was driving up 83 when the first HP arriving to the scene. It was pretty icy but nothing too bad. That semi took a ton of guardrail out. Looked like a grain trailer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33