Babe Winkelman files for bankruptcy

Happycamper

Honored Member
That's a tough life and hard to make a living. Keeping your image fresh and exciting week after week takes a toll.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
Fortunately he is not closing up shop - they filed for Chapter 13 so they can reorganize the debt to take better advantage of their $1.5 million in assets. I believe they will be around for awhile longer......I hope so anyway.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
After this corona BS -- he better think about chapter 7.

Tough selling a new boat ----- trickle down effect is going to be huge unless if in the next two weeks we see some good numbers.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hanen't seen nor herd his name or show in years,he kinda went down hill after he was busted for using walkie talkies big game hunting years back

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably some questionable extravagances in there for sure but he's certainly not alone buying stuff based of how good things will be later. Loved fishing shows growing up and his being one of the few that wasn't all bass all the time made it one of my favorites. From the looks of it these days it seems like if a show does anything other than whore products 100% of the time they struggle.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
By 70yrs old, you should have all your "major" debts paid... Self-inflicted

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not the first time of I remember correctly, but I would have to do some research

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like babes shows they were always fun to watch and he was the meat eater before it was cool and hip to show how to cook wild game.

My brother and I watched kris fry up some breaded goose and thought we should try it. I guess putting oil in a pan and cranking it on high was a bad plan. Put the goose in the hot oil and it exploded in flames but i kept my cool yelling at my little brother open the back door i grabbed the flaming oil pan. Then went running out the door as he held it open to the back yard fired the pan on the ground. Shit the grass is on fire now we grabbed the hose and got the fire put out. Moms good pan is melted into a ball of steel and the kitchen is covered in grease so we went to cleaning. Thought we got this good no one will ever know. Threw the pan in the garbage but little did we know the ceiling was covered with grease and the smell was pretty bad. Dad came home was not happy with our attempt at being chefs. He got us a ladder we cleaned the ceiling then saved and bought mom a new pan. The fire burning up the grass out side that was not nothing really new as we had a thing for burning shit so we just re seeded the grass again.

grizzly

Established Member
Have not even heard his name in years,thought he was gone already. had some buddies that met him doing a show years ago and said he was very rude and a prkkkkk !!!

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was never a fan of the Babe. I always have fallowed the Linders, mostly Al. The old rummor mill around the Garrison area was back in the early 80's he had paid one of the guides a to catch some fish for him so he could do his photo shoots. I've heard he be rude & hard to deal with as well.

I saw something last night about the MWC cancelled their tournament this weekend. Then some folks in the NWT started chiming in on another site; about if some of them loose out this season and cant fish tournaments that their carriers might be over. I guess we'll see how everyone recovers from this madness. I just hope no one panics and ruins somebody's future over poor decision making.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I met a guy many years ago that was a guide for him. Meaning, for his shows guides would go out and find all the fish. Then Babe could go out the next day and film and act like he found the fish etc. This particular guide did this for Babe on numerous occasions. Said Babe was a complete d!ck! Couldn't stand him. On the other hand he did the same thing for the Lindner boys and said they were great. Extremely gracious.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn’t mind his show. I remember him getting in trouble with some drugs at the border. Read he got physical lippy with the little cop that arrested him for DUI(Babe is 6’6” and the cop was 170lbs soaking wet). He probably over spent most of his life. See it all the time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33