bad crash on dl

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya two years is a bit light. I have a couple different point of views on it. Nowadays everybody wants to lock people up when accidents happen and bad things follow. 10 years ago, accidents were simply accidents. The tables turn though when it's friends and family. Terrible situation for all involved.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
His punishment is small compared to the life sentence of regret, torment, and the isolation of embarrassment. He will never get the right to vote, right to own a gun, and maybe never get a good paying job. He got lambasted compared to the girl who got 2 days for falling asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
His punishment is small compared to the life sentence of regret, torment, and the isolation of embarrassment. He will never get the right to vote, right to own a gun, and maybe never get a good paying job. He got lambasted compared to the girl who got 2 days for falling asleep at the wheel.

Very true.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough one for me. I am more of the camp that jail time should serve some rehabilitation or deterrent purpose. Clearly nobody intends this shit and I am 99% certain he wouldn't be dumb enough to engage in similar conduct again. But, I can guarantee if I was the victims families, I would feel 2 years ain't enough. So, 2 years ain't punishment enough. But, even 10 days wouldn't serve the purpose of deterrence or rehabilitation. Cause I'm certain that purpose has already been served. Tis why this shit is tough to deal with

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What should the punishment be for falling asleep while driving? How about running a stop sign?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
the problem in every accident there is some degree of negligence and if any alcohol is involved you don't get any breaks.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ended up hammered Friday night, but had mrs johnr come get me. I couldn't live with the regret of potential consequences of my hammeredness gone wrong.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 38
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12