baitcasters

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daiwa MegaForce 100 They have a twitching bar on top works good for vertical jiggin and pulling bb check em out at Dakota Tackle- Biz or online. cheap reels and no reel is faster setting and picking up lines fishing two handed never felt so good

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just tride out a Quantom Accurist the other day and I like it so far. I wanted a left hand reel so options are not plentiful. Bought it for bottom bouncing. Love having the flipping switch for 2 rod action.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Tekota's look like keepers. Should be on sale next spring.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was born in '46, and started fishing with baitcasting reels. Got my first good one (Abu 5500C) when I was in 8th grade for $ and 13 Cheerios box tops. It still works. I have a number of Abu's (all Swedish made), a Quantum they no longer make, a Shimano Calcutta 400, and 4 Penn 209's for downrigging. For trolling (or as Al Lindner calls it "horizontal presentations"), I prefer baitcasting equipment.
Everyone has pointed out desirable features and quality brands. I'll mention one other thing if you intend to use the reel for trolling, and that's the importance of the level wind mechanism operating any time line is leaving the reel. I have one that disengages the level wind if casting or letting line out while trolling. After a couple hours the line is very uneven on the spool, and that feature doesn't seem to add any distance to the casting.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't go wrong with an Abu Garcia Revo baitcaster IMO. Usually a little heavier than others, but rock solid. There are other great options out there as well, but I have no complaints with my Revo's.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if anyone back in the day every remotely pondered the flipping switch would be embraced by the walleye folks?! Y'all should change the name.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of my reels (mostly baitcasters but a few spinning reels as well) are all made by Ardent. Relative to most other reels on the market, they are fairly cheap. But they are high quality reels. Now I'm not comparing them to something stupid expensive like a Diawa Steez. I don't know how that reel even sells for that price! But I will say that I've been very impressed with the Ardent Grand and Elite.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never heard of the brand. Will keep in mind. Would they provide gift packages for gay "marriage" ceremonies?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88