Beaver Bay Access

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody know what the access is like at Beaver Bay after the last snow storm? Thinking of making a trip tomorrow just to check it out but figured I'd ask around first. Any chance of pulling out a wheelhouse?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The access to the east of the bridge on the north side was bad before the storm. You could only drive in to the first picnic site because of the drifts. I'm sure it's a mess. I didn't go over to the boat ramp at all last week.

I4NI

Heading down tomorrow at 6am with 2 other guys a snowblower and some shovels just in case it's not open. Hopefully with some luck someone pushed it out already but I doubt it.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id be probably going in on the West side by the launch. If it's decent, I'm pulling the house down Thursday morning!

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove down to Beaver. Access on the southeast side of the bridge (east side) and at the playground/beach area (west side). Driving on looks doubtful unless you have an ATV or snowmobile. Gonna give er' a shot tomorrow!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drove down to Beaver. Access on the southeast side of the bridge (east side) and at the playground/beach area (west side). Driving on looks doubtful unless you have an ATV or snowmobile. Gonna give er' a shot tomorrow!
So are you saying you can get to the main boat ramp west of the bridge on the north side? Last Friday it was fairly sketchy already. I cant believe the county doesn't swing in there and make a loop.

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I lived in that county and heard they plowed open beaver bay for fishing access before plowing my road or roads to get power back on I would be not happy. I would guess it will be opened sometime in the near future. I am waiting for my county road to be plowed still, not that county.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I couldn't get to the launch because there were pickups parked in the middle of the road so I'm not sure what that looks like- would guess inaccessible if folks were stopping short of heading to the launch. People are parking by the playground area just before the camping check in booth.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31