Beef Tenderloin

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a beef tenderloin I'm cooking tomorrow. Got some ideas, but torn.....should I steak some of it out before? Smoke it whole and cut steaks after? Do something else? Pellet grill is the tool I'll be working with, ability to sear at 600 degrees if needed. It'll be paired with lobster tails and snow crab.

Thanks in advance!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3318.png

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a beef tenderloin I'm cooking tomorrow. Got some ideas, but torn.....should I steak some of it out before? Smoke it whole and cut steaks after? Do something else? Pellet grill is the tool I'll be working with, ability to sear at 600 degrees if needed. It'll be paired with lobster tails and snow crab.

Thanks in advance!
You're just wanting to shove this in the faces of the poor and indigent.

Salt/pepper remove from heat at internal of 135 and rest under foil. Make a wine reduction sauce from the pan drippings.

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're just wanting to shove this in the faces of the poor and indigent.

Salt/pepper remove from heat at internal of 135 and rest under foil. Make a wine reduction sauce from the pan drippings.

Stumbled into a great price on the crab and tenderloin.....lobster tails from Costco

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've made the above sauce in my own way. I used dried onion etc and thought it was great. The crab and lobster should be cubed and saved for cat bait. It would also work well under a slip float for trout/salmon.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I smoke mine at 180 on super smoke for about 45 minutes then crank up to 375 to temp.

Use primarily applewood

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've put some crab-legs in a foil brownie pan, shake on some seasoning and put them into the BGE with heavy smoke for 12-15min. You really only get a hint of smoke in the meat as it's still in the shell, but doggone it's good.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've put some crab-legs in a foil brownie pan, shake on some seasoning and put them into the BGE with heavy smoke for 12-15min. You really only get a hint of smoke in the meat as it's still in the shell, but doggone it's good.
Since I'll have it fired up anyway, I think I'll do a couple clusters like this!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heat up some leftover meat in cast iron with butter. Make the wine reduction. Trust me.

IME the only thing to be exact about is the actual reduction. When it sticks to a spoon it's done.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I forgot to get pics, but we cooked the tenderloin tonight and it turned out great! Paired it with smoked bacon mac and cheese, then of course the lobster tail.

We ended up cooking the crab last night when the power was out by headlamp. My boys helped prep and we lit the gas stove to make it happen. Added potatoes and corn to the boil and made a meal!

Turns out only my oldest and I are the only seafood fans in my family. The wife and my youngest weren't into it. That's ok, still an experience and they can say they've tried it! Of course, it was a Christmas we won't forget.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I forgot to get pics, but we cooked the tenderloin tonight and it turned out great! Paired it with smoked bacon mac and cheese, then of course the lobster tail.

We ended up cooking the crab last night when the power was out by headlamp. My boys helped prep and we lit the gas stove to make it happen. Added potatoes and corn to the boil and made a meal!

Turns out only my oldest and I are the only seafood fans in my family. The wife and my youngest weren't into it. That's ok, still an experience and they can say they've tried it! Of course, it was a Christmas we won't forget.
May still work as bait.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88