Best Bedliner

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which is it? Which is thickest? Which is least slippery? Which hides nicks and dents best?

- - - Updated - - -

Bedrug also looks intriguing. Any feedback?

- - - Updated - - -

How are truxedo brand tonneaus? They're a bit cheaper than Lund and don't hang into the box/decrease usable width like Lund

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Access Tonneau, warranty for life no matter what happens. Tear in it, velcro stops stickin, call em up they will come replace it.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with access covers, and pretty much all of the proffesionally applied bedliners ive seen in the minot area have been up to par with thickness, traction, and durability.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think all bed liners are about the same as long as you have it professionally applied. They are all a little slippery so I also have a bed mat also.

Access Cover. Best warranty. Great customer service. Made in ND.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Line-X is hard/slippery while Rhino is softer/way grippier. Go compare - big difference IMO.

i love my bedrug but if i hauled grass, leaves, wood a lot it would be a ####show in a hurry. Great comfort on knees, good blend of slip/grip, "hides" dust from cargo laid on it, etc. NOT a farm/work/utility liner!!

- - - Updated - - -

My Line-X was bulletproof on my last truck but I wished I had rhino'd. BedRugs hadn't been invented in '99.

Last edited:

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have line-x. It's been good so far. It is a lot harder than other liners, but that is what i wanted. I pull a fifth wheel and put the plate in and out of it a bunch as well as a generator. Never had anything move in the box. Happy with it so far.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate hard slippery liner. A lot of the factory jobs are this I've been noticing and it itself scratches and it scratches whatever you put on it. Because of this thread, im leaning towards rhino liner and an access cover. I was thinking of a truxedo tonneau made in sd because I've seen them everywhere, bout $250 on Amazon. Checked out access on their site and immediately thought I was priced out but on Amazon it's looking like they run 250-370 for the type I'd like.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'd be silly to do anything other than spray-on bedliner. If you use a hard plastic "shell" liner you invite moisture and grit to settle in between the bed and the liner. Over time that moisture and sand/dust work together with road vibration to chew through the factory finish and into the metal.

A spray-on liner will keep you from ever seeing the surface of your bed again but it locks out moisture and debris. If it gets really beet up, just re-apply a new coat and it's good as new. Want more grip? Sprinkle some fine silica sand on the freshly applied final coat of liner. Once dry, apply one extra coat over the top of the "sanded" areas. It'll be grippier than a roof shingle.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'd be silly to do anything other than spray-on bedliner. If you use a hard plastic "shell" liner you invite moisture and grit to settle in between the bed and the liner. Over time that moisture and sand/dust work together with road vibration to chew through the factory finish and into the metal.

A spray-on liner will keep you from ever seeing the surface of your bed again but it locks out moisture and debris. If it gets really beet up, just re-apply a new coat and it's good as new. Want more grip? Sprinkle some fine silica sand on the freshly applied final coat of liner. Once dry, apply one extra coat over the top of the "sanded" areas. It'll be grippier than a roof shingle.

Lol

anywho, looks like the access original $360 to my door or access loredo $369 to my door b the way I go. They both have the limited lifetime warranty and appear to have identical specs cept for height. The original is 1.5" tall while the leredo is part of their low profile line, it comes in at 1" tall. Opinions on that?

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had at least a dozen of them and they have all been the original. A little extra room is always nice.
on the bed liner my current pickup I had the bed caps sprayed and love it..if you have something that would normally scratch the tops it's no worries now.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a linex liner in mine and it's kinda slippery. But I don't do a lot of running around on it either. If I don't want something shifting I usually ratchet strap it down. My next pickup will have a topper. I think it offers more for me than my tonneaupro roll up cover. My wife says toppers make pickups look like old man vehicles but I'm ok with it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A five gallon bucket on line-x is a rocket with even modest braking action. Didn't take me long to have to buy matts to set buckets etc on or they would slam into the front. PITA that rino would have avoided.

linex is good stuff but slippery

- - - Updated - - -

I can't imagine hunting or ice fishing without a topper. Do two-man sled/shelters even fit under bed covers?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
No they don't, guy. Definite bummer. At least I got a house that'll fit in the box without having to be propped up in the tailgate. I like the versatility of a topper especially the idea that I can sleep in it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The BedRug would be the cat's meow for sleeping in a linered topper. Zero sweating of the surfaces other than windows during cold nights. Super soft on knees.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple options to consider
58435bb44542345516db6e2dddeaf08f.jpg

Or this

0a9b9edb5632866cd8578719e8fe8bdf.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
no they don't, guy. Definite bummer. At least i got a house that'll fit in the box without having to be propped up in the tailgate. I like the versatility of a topper especially the idea that i can sleep in it.

btw... Windoors on a topper are mandatory!!!

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Line X had two pickups with this bullet proof. topper yes with windoors.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31