Best boat shoes

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to start a thread like this earlier but didn't want to get crap about bat vests and skegs so I didn't.

This is the shoe for fishing IMO. I bought some just for fishing a few years ago. When I went blue tuna fishing I looked down and what was the Captain wearing? Yep - same shoe.

Sperry Top-Sider Men's Harbormaster Oxford

41aEGLTI2AL.jpg

The insole insert has no actual terry or fabric - just a waffly texture - so no stink - nothing for stink to grow on. Feels odd at first - after a while you dig the feeling.

Also - breathes like a SOB - and there are literally drain holes in the soles to release excess water if you really swamp them. This is a warm weather shoe however - splashes go right in - they are meant to get wet but air dry ASAP. If it's cold and wet I'm wearing my white shrimping boots,

Notice the "rock climbing" type edges - nothing to catch/hook/grab. Anybody who has pitched with me in my boat knows I'm jumping from side to side and up/down like a monkey cuz that's what I like to do. No snags/trips/stumbles wearing these.

Purchased from Amazon with free returns to find your size. I bought two pair in case they quit making them.

Typical Dodge driving fancy boy.
Did you switch out the laces to rainbow colors...haha

I might have to check these out, does Scheels carry them? I will be in fagro this weekend, and we have a couple Caribbean trips next fall/winter which these would be handy for.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Typical Dodge driving fancy boy.
Did you switch out the laces to rainbow colors...haha

I might have to check these out, does Scheels carry them? I will be in fagro this weekend, and we have a couple Caribbean trips next fall/winter which these would be handy for.

Then you'll have to get the Sperry long-sleeve t-shirt, and the Sperry Hat, and anything that says Oxford Harbormaster.

And then I'll start calling you Porthole Johnny.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They offer an extra 10% discount when you turn in you "man card" upon purchase. :D
If you wear anything made by Sperry, how many popped collars must one have? Or better yet, how many cardigans should one have folded over his shoulders, with the wrists turned together?

Kidding aside, they have been making boating shoes for many years - I may have to look into those.

I often go barefoot. My hooves are pretty tough. I can step on a hook and the hook bends.

(having said that, I'll post pictures from the ER)

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go barefoot a lot in the boat. Dark gray carpet sucks. What's worse is that I'm kind of a slob about putting jigs and cranks away when switching out colors.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHa, maybe you girls can discuss what underwear is best to have on in the boat next.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It appears Amazon no longer carries them. I suppose all the elderly folks who wear them are dying off so market didn't support them.

West Marine carries them. Not being able to try on shoes sucks though - for me anyway.

Also - the soles feel quite silly when you first put them on - so if you tried them on in a store you'd likely say "screw these dumb things".

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/sperry--men-s-harbormaster-shoes--P015195365

- - - Updated - - -

whatever you dorks buy make it white or some very light color - dark shoes in the summer sun is just plain stupid

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go barefoot a lot in the boat. Dark gray carpet sucks. What's worse is that I'm kind of a slob about putting jigs and cranks away when switching out colors.

i also am a barefoot fisherman a lot of the time. It just feels good. Then i burn the tops of my feet really bad one time a summer and learn my lesson again.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
i also am a barefoot fisherman a lot of the time. It just feels good. Then i burn the tops of my feet really bad one time a summer and learn my lesson again.

Yes, me too. My feet swell up like tomatoes, with skin-tags for toes.

But then I load some Yanni music on my Zune, and some nice aloe with shay butter on my feet, and sip some N/A Zima, and I'm okay again.

NDHick

Founding Member
Founding Member
My shoes are Sanuk flip flops or I have a pair of slip ons. They dry quick and you can throw them in the wash when they start stinking to high heaven.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, me too. My feet swell up like tomatoes, with skin-tags for toes.

But then I load some Yanni music on my Zune, and some nice aloe with shay butter on my feet, and sip some N/A Zima, and I'm okay again.

Im no doctor but you should maybe get your blood sugar checked.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to start a thread like this earlier but didn't want to get crap about bat vests and skegs so I didn't.

This is the shoe for fishing IMO. I bought some just for fishing a few years ago. When I went blue tuna fishing I looked down and what was the Captain wearing? Yep - same shoe.

Sperry Top-Sider Men's Harbormaster Oxford

41aEGLTI2AL.jpg

The insole insert has no actual terry or fabric - just a waffly texture - so no stink - nothing for stink to grow on. Feels odd at first - after a while you dig the feeling.

Also - breathes like a SOB - and there are literally drain holes in the soles to release excess water if you really swamp them. This is a warm weather shoe however - splashes go right in - they are meant to get wet but air dry ASAP. If it's cold and wet I'm wearing my white shrimping boots,

Notice the "rock climbing" type edges - nothing to catch/hook/grab. Anybody who has pitched with me in my boat knows I'm jumping from side to side and up/down like a monkey cuz that's what I like to do. No snags/trips/stumbles wearing these.

Purchased from Amazon with free returns to find your size. I bought two pair in case they quit making them.

Sperry's are legit. Simms is getting into the game as well.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mean I run native with tan feet, 237 yards of discarded line and 11 jig heads with 3 walleyes hanging off of them. When I get done untangling from my leg hair I am always at least one over my limit(shhh).

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Work boots for me, but then again I am that guy who never wears shorts and always wears long sleeve button down shirts in the summer.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't bring myself to wear sandals. If any of you see me wearing sandals, beat me up while my wife watches. Let her know its because I'm wearing sandals. She would be the one to buy them for me. If I get home and see sandals for me, I know my wife is an NDA lurker.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't bring myself to wear sandals. If any of you see me wearing sandals, beat me up while my wife watches. Let her know its because I'm wearing sandals. She would be the one to buy them for me. If I get home and see sandals for me, I know my wife is an NDA lurker.

you mad brah?

- - - Updated - - -

Sandals are neat, and wearing them is too.

On the beach, I cant do it, the sand that gets into the sandal and whatnot makes me remove them, and mrs johnr hates carrying my stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11