Best(?) SXS Gun 2023

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
point four one oh. I like the CZ and the case hardening. Wish it were a sidelock. Just look at the guns. The narration is retarded. Sorry.

Last edited:

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never liked the english style stock.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never liked the english style stock.
I've never owned one and thought they looked weird when I was a kid. After thumbing through an issue of "Sporting Classics" in the early 80's and handling a few dbl guns and levers; I've found they point like a big stick you found in the yard.

Pard in 9th grade found my 16ga affection amusing and let me tote his grandfather's Baker Bros. dbl in lieu of my Savage single on a rabbit hunt (pistol grip/semi-beaver tail). We did good and I had decent bruise between the 1st and 2nd knuckle. It affirmed "making the first shot count" and the value of an articulated trigger. I still firmly believe a dbl gun with one trigger is like Kirstie Alley bald or Raquel Welch with one tit.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pick up a long straight stick from your yard and "shoot" passing birds etc. May not work for you. Imagine a "wand"; this is the key:

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pick up a long straight stick from your yard and "shoot" passing birds etc. May not work for you. Imagine a "wand"; this is the key:

Nah. I have a couple sxs already and am more than happy with em. I refuse to be one of the classless pheasant poachers using an over/under.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What made the 5 he spoke about "the best"? For a good portion of the video, the shotgun he was referencing wasn't the shotgun being pictured in the video. In fact, the green ceracoated CZ was NEVER pictured.

Single trigger and a pistol-grip for me.

Last edited:

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm a definite English style stock fan. Both looks and handling. I can't say as I shoot one better than the other to be perfectly honest. Also, one damn trigger PLEASE!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88