Home gun sales law

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
@Bed Wetter will be able to give us some info on this discussion since I believe it had effected him personally, I may be mistaken since it has been a long time that this was talked about on here.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way it states that fargo has always had the authority to ban businesses who sell firearms in residential homes, burgum signed a law that made it illegal for municipalities to set limits on the sale of firearms in city limits. I thought bed Wetter did federal firearms transactions as a licensed gun broker/dealer in his home at one time, I do know of 2 residential businesses in grand forks that dealt with firearms as a licensed dealer/gun Smith, fargo perhaps leans to the left more then grand forks does.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to many years ago and after all BS going on I got out of it

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zoning is a layered approach, Residential is most restrictive. The concern I see with this law is allowing explosive materials in residential neighborhoods. There are minimum distances between between house and lot lines. In developments these can be very close. Hence the issue with explosive materials.
You guys are supposed to be pro life. You tell me you advocate for having explosives where children live and play?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Zoning is a layered approach, Residential is most restrictive. The concern I see with this law is allowing explosive materials in residential neighborhoods. There are minimum distances between between house and lot lines. In developments these can be very close. Hence the issue with explosive materials.
You guys are supposed to be pro life. You tell me you advocate for having explosives where children live and play?
Yeah that's only a problem if you are an irresponsible retard, you are just making shit up now.
1089206985792421893.jpg

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know how gun poder works right? It just doesn’t explode. Any way none of the 100ish pounds I have hasn’t yet.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do we hear of propellants (not explosives) randomly blowing up and killing a neighboring child?

Some might argue the presence of a natural gas line is a much more common threat in life. Maybe we should ban the use of NG like California and go to all electric?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything is perfectly safe and accidents never happen. Now I understand the world.
Be sure to ask your fire department members how they would feel rolling up to a kitchen fire not knowing there is gunpowder in the house.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything is perfectly safe and accidents never happen. Now I understand the world.
Be sure to ask your fire department members how they would feel rolling up to a kitchen fire not knowing there is gunpowder in the house.
am I storing said gun powder in the kitchen? while I am at it should I ask them about the gas that is in the vehicles in the attached garage, propane tank on the gas grill, or the multitude of flammable items in the house and garage?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do realize these ordinances are written for the lowest common denominator? Just because some site members are infallible does not mean the entire population is. This is why ordinances are written the way they are.
Obi the items you mentioned are items normally associated with residences and fire departments respond accordingly. Gun powder in bulk is not.
I did not say the gun powder was stored in the kitchen. But a fire anywhere in a home will spread, doubling size every minute provided oxygen and combustible materials. What is the response time in your area?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do realize these ordinances are written for the lowest common denominator? Just because some site members are infallible does not mean the entire population is. This is why ordinances are written the way they are.
Obi the items you mentioned are items normally associated with residences and fire departments respond accordingly. Gun powder in bulk is not.
I did not say the gun powder was stored in the kitchen. But a fire anywhere in a home will spread, doubling size every minute provided oxygen and combustible materials. What is the response time in your area?
You sound like Brandon did you almost lose your corvette and wife in a kitchen fire?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You sound like Brandon did you almost lose your corvette and wife in a kitchen fire?
Orcus keeps digging that hole of fantasy that he and the ones who are suing the state to make it illegal to sell firearms in your home. This is how laws go in order of authority U.S Constitution • Laws (statutes) enacted by Congress • Rules promulgated by federal agencies • State constitution • Laws enacted by the state legislature • Rules promulgated by state agencies • City/county charters (the “constitution” for the city or county) • Local laws and ordinances • Rules promulgated by local , just like the states want to disenfranchise voters by circumventing the constitution of the USA to take trumps name of the ballot its unconstitutional.
@ORCUS DEMENS I get it your another one who doesn't know or care to.know how the law works, I see that now but you are wrong. It's not illegal to store gun powder, 50000 rounds of ammo, or even a rpg as long as it registratered in your north dakota home and so of you're not smart and irresponsibly put your gun powder in your kitchen cabinets then yeah there should be somekind of law perhaps against those who are not smart enough to properly store such items. So in a nut shell state law supercedes city law regardless when the law was implemented, the liberal minded city leaders want to challenge all they want and even if for some miracle they win this round, it will end up going to the scond where it will eventually be found unlawful because again state law supercedes city laws.
The article though limited does tell you that but you clearly didn't read it 🤔

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
EXACTLY!! Children should have more access to nitroglycerin and C4. HOW were you able to such adroitly cut though the dog whistles and expose the truth?! Anyways, no camouflaging it now: More access to children!! It's a quicker way to destroy books.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you understand what gun powder does when lit on fire while it is in the plastic jug it comes in? It seems you think it blows up like on the cartoons.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
As is customary, start name calling first and avoid answering questions/responding to statements.
I did some research and this is the correct information.
Depending on amount and circumstances small arms smokeless powder can be classified as either
a flammable solid or as an explosive.
https://www.hazmattool.com/info.php?a=Powder,+smokeless&b=UN0509&c=1.4C
https://www.hazmattool.com/info.php...mall+arms+(100+pounds+or+less)&b=NA3178&c=4.1
Ammunition and components fall under this:
https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phm...cts on Small Arms Related Hazmat brochure.pdf
Lunk take note.
Storage fall under these requirements
https://regulations.atf.gov/555-219/2019-24570#555-219-p1
Less than 1000 lbs 75 feet from inhabited building.
So the argument over whether a city can enact zoning ordinances concerning gun/ammunition sale in residential areas seems mute.
No one responded about concerns about firefighter response regarding bulk storage.
I also wonder what the insurance industry has to say about this.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah orcus again, people who are responsible gun owners know this already, I personally have been to 2 residential gun owners who deal with firearm sales who live and work in grand forks. Both of these businesses are buildings not attached to the house, so again your argument is moot here and only irresponsible retards though some do own firearms majority especially those dealing with the federal requirements to handle smokeless powder already know the rules and regulations especially those who have made a living selling them. Also most likely these businesses that deal with firearms get checked on by an alphabet agencies called the atf to make sure that all regulations are being applied.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As is customary, start name calling first and avoid answering questions/responding to statements.
I did some research and this is the correct information.
Depending on amount and circumstances small arms smokeless powder can be classified as either
a flammable solid or as an explosive.
https://www.hazmattool.com/info.php?a=Powder,+smokeless&b=UN0509&c=1.4C
https://www.hazmattool.com/info.php?a=Smokeless+powder+for+small+arms+(100+pounds+or+less)&b=NA3178&c=4.1
Ammunition and components fall under this:
https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/sites/phmsa.dot.gov/files/2022-01/The Facts on Small Arms Related Hazmat brochure.pdf
Lunk take note.
Storage fall under these requirements
https://regulations.atf.gov/555-219/2019-24570#555-219-p1
Less than 1000 lbs 75 feet from inhabited building.
So the argument over whether a city can enact zoning ordinances concerning gun/ammunition sale in residential areas seems mute.
No one responded about concerns about firefighter response regarding bulk storage.
I also wonder what the insurance industry has to say about this.
I did and you won’t answer my question. What happens when gun powder in the plastic jugs start on fire. Do they explode?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84