Best tasting fish?

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is your favorite fish to eat? Personally I like pike caught through the ice with sauger/walleye in second and catfish close behind.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say saltwater fish have a big advantage, heck they live in salt what could go wrong? As far as freshwater goes I might have to put bluegill at the top with perch and walleye right behind, that is if we are using the ol' bread/batter and fry or bake methods. Smoked pike is very nice. I feel like I need to give a few more fish a chance however.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
If feel like a judge at a wet t-shirt contest. They're all my favorite

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Freshwater drum out of cold clear waters . Chunked up , in boiling water for about a minute dip in melted butter with a pinch of garlic salt .

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye, its about the only fish we catch and eat. I am not a big fan of the oily salmon type fish.

We had grouper out of the pacific ocean, was absolutely wonderful, but when you eat it only one time in your life time its hard to make that you favorite fish..

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleye or panfish. If I have to I'll eat Pollock or or talapia. Catfish are pretty descent too. I like pike if someone else cleans them and they're from cold water.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
A nice white piece of escolar on a pad of sushi rice and topped with flying fish roe (died black w squid ink) and a slice of lemon squeezed over the top. Of course with soy sauce and a pea size worth of wasabi

f in poo. Here comes my $90 sushi bill......

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pike, drum, ling, bluegill

Lots of other various saltwater fish.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perch caught through the ice with a nice buzz (in March on a day when it is sunny and 50 degrees), cleaned and then fried in lard on the ice, and consumed with a cold beer with family & good friends is really tough to beat.

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kind someone else cooked perfectly and handed to me with a cold beer that I didn't pay for....ahhhh that would be my favorite kind right there...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
All my knife ever sees is walleye. If I had the opportunity to get big perch through the ice, I would clean those also.

My saying is, 'I don't like fish, but love walleye'.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The kind someone else cooked perfectly and handed to me with a cold beer that I didn't pay for....ahhhh that would be my favorite kind right there...
That was my life in my 20's. My dad would cook fish and other wild game, all we did was clean it. I bought my own beer though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14