Scams

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still have a landline and flip phone. No spam calls on flip: Stopped landline horseshit by 98% (at least) by answering and hitting ### in quick succession (got the tip from Mike Rowe): Supposedly knocks them off the internet requiring a 20min reboot.

^^^^As said; works with landline; experience may vary with a retard rectangle. "They're" probably on the verge of re-fucking me as the fed Do Not Call list worked for a couple years.

In the Tom Hanks movie "Otto" the character yells "robot" three times. IDK. I'd rather hit ###:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^^^ Same as you with phones, going to try the ### thing and see if it work for me. If it does I owe you a beer or two. LB

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since all these 3rd world trash invaded more scam trollers here too,area code #'s from ontario? New approach scam create urgency like your cell phone will shut down unless you pay your bill or phone has been compromised

Then one message from "life lock" bogus co from fargo nd. "Thankyou for your business with life lock" please fill out questionnaire, no luck blocking these ass wipes,i use "hiya" which blocks maybe 90% but the few get ways piss me off.

Bigger scam from mpls making the news,64 somali trash arrested/charged most likely omar's clan embezzled 250million $ in 2020 pandemic federal funds,aid $,gee what great people our love everyone program,open arms...bullshit!

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
The problem is, while it is easy for most of us to spot these scams, many elderly people dont have the ability to judge what is fake or real and often fall for stuff like this. I really wish our govt would take internet fraud more seriously and enforce some type of sanctions on countries and individuals who are caught perpetrating this fraud. Much of it comes from the same areas geographically.... /cough nigeria

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^ Same as you with phones, going to try the ### thing and see if it work for me. If it does I owe you a beer or two. LB
It takes a few days. The calls will gradually decrease to damn near nothing IME. I've only got to zap three in the past two weeks.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get all kinds of them at work getting sick of it, I"ll try the #### see if it works, I get voicemails on my cell saying I owe the IRS back taxes....LOL fuggin joke I know what I owe and don't, they think we are that dumb?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm Capt Obvious--sorry: Immediately hang up after hitting ###.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if it's one of those political recordings?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if it's one of those political recordings?
IDK. If it's "unknown" a "town" or something else "weird" it's worked for me. A "wrong number" won't call back after getting ### blasted in their ear.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
These pros are able to produce some sort of "drone" or simulated computer for their fun. YT is replete with these type vids:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s a fun past time to talk to them and waste their time. Less people for them to call. I have been trying to scam the scammer but no luck so far
I try and keep them on the line as long as I can..they have asked for credit card numbers.. I volunteer to give them my soc sec # and they are all for that. I feel the same, if I can keep them on it’s maybe one less person they can scam.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 47