Best wiper blades?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought only teenagers did that, but I thought only teenagers skateboarded too....:;:stirthepot

some days I just feel defeated and want to watch it burn

- - - Updated - - -

also - I am the guy who rants when I see a high school idiot doing it

ba ha ha ha

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the Rain X winter blades. Have to change them out every two years because the sun drys them out.

Keyword: WINTER blades. they have a covering over all the hardware. keeps the snow/ice off the blades mostly if your vehicle is outside. They work well in the summer too...like LBrandt says; keep 'em on til you feel you need a new set. Winter blades seem to be harder and harder to find each winter.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am giving the Anco extreme winter blades a try on my truck. The red ends are kinda gay, but some are into that. Im not one to judge. And the wife kept bitching her blades on her Honda sucked. Told me that them cheap ass ones i always get are complete shit. So i told her i got the best i could at $20 a blade. But actually got the $7 Anco. Shocker, she loves them, best blade ever she says...

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am also trying the Anco extreme winter beam blades for the first time. So far do good, but it is early in the season.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am giving the Anco extreme winter blades a try on my truck. The red ends are kinda gay, but some are into that. Im not one to judge. And the wife kept bitching her blades on her Honda sucked. Told me that them cheap ass ones i always get are complete shit. So i told her i got the best i could at $20 a blade. But actually got the $7 Anco. Shocker, she loves them, best blade ever she says...

ha!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had several Anco "rubberized cover" wipers that were decent.

I ordered the Icons to give them a whirl - we'll see how it goes.

Thanks everyone.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes its mind over matter.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's isn't a blade that can handle the ND winters in my opinion. once they stick to the windshield and you ripe them off the windshield, they a done deal, or if they get real hard. Have to do the ole prop out the wipers off the windshield trick so they don't stick.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guess I never realized there was that much difference in blades. Mostly when I notice I have a bad blade I look for the correct size/length and put them on. Or more likely when I have an oil change I have the shop change. No idea what kind they put on but they work until they don't, then do it again.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The cure for frosty windshield if you have to park outside is to run a portable heater inside the vehicle while it's sitting overnight or extended period of time... run the extension cord to the house or even while your at work. Most places of employment have outside plug ins. And best part is it's free at work. Nice toasty vehicle and a clean windshield

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess I never realized there was that much difference in blades. Mostly when I notice I have a bad blade I look for the correct size/length and put them on. Or more likely when I have an oil change I have the shop change. No idea what kind they put on but they work until they don't, then do it again.

I can never "just have the shop put them on" because I don't trust them to make the best financial decision for me.....then again, I stand at the wiper aisle wondering whether or not I am making a good decision or not.....usually buy the most expensive. Time for new wipers again....

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did I read somewhere to spray rubbing alcohol on a rag and swipe it across the blade every once in a while in the winter to keep 'em from freezing up on the windshield? Same thing for spraying on your windshield to defrost it. 2 parts water to one part rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle (or was it the other way around)? Will this hurt a cars finish?? I created more questions than answers.. haha

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17