bidden and AR

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In view of Bidden's speech do i need to consider buying an AR of some kind?

Love guns but have no real desirer to own a AR. However, would like to have a m-14.

Have a m-1 with 260 plus rounds so i feel i have my AR with enough rounds for main reason to own this type of weapon. Understand the m-1 has not been, at this time, consider a AR type weapon. But again, that is at this time.
Bidden says he can not come into your home and take (i am sure others feel they can) but:

One will either need to turn in or register which includes many thing including a tax on each weapon and magazine one has for it.
So i get a new tax and for all to know what i own, probably where i store it with all kinds of rules in owning one.
If you do not register, the feds will feed and house you for many years.

So part of me says to spite this and to go out and buy one before it becomes illegal to purchase.
But i will not register any of my weapons so if i own one it will create an issue for me.

Will this pass? Well it was not that long ago when AR where illegal and in view of who we have in leadership i assume they will get this new law in the near future.
So if i want one i will buy one but it appears i better do it now.

What do you think?
Maybe i could triple my monies on the purchase of an AR, no/yes. It seems they have a lot of monies. db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
$1000 and at this time my information says it is not an ar rIfle due to wooden stock and no pistol grip.
That makes all kind of sense. So all I need is a different stock on my 15. Db

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've owned a few mini 14's... unless they've changed, nothing i'd want to defend anything with at more than 25 yards... just a noisemaker...

ar - up to you...

as far as the m1 - i think i remember seeing you sell that for cash at a gun show a few years ago...

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are these ar things and semi automatic weapons you guys speak of anyway? Asking for myself. I only fish and go along on hunting trips with buddies and take pics for fun.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Still have my m-1 and it is keeper as all my weapons are. Have never sold or traded one. Too hard to get and each one means too much. Db

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
$1000 and at this time my information says it is not an ar rIfle due to wooden stock and no pistol grip.
That makes all kind of sense. So all I need is a different stock on my 15. Db

Little behind the curve db on purchasing a AR.... maybe in north dakota you can find one new but not here in minn,plus ammo is a issue (availability) if the feds get they're way we'll need to register our purchase of rim fire ammo "if we can find it"plan is to dry up our supply tax the shit out of it when we purchase.best start reloading like many here do already if you find or build a AR.I've been hording .223 for many years,plus hand gun/shotgun ammo....started when obummer was in office,hand writting was on the wall

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
7C1815D5-286E-4BA1-B506-74908FB2CB90.jpeg
DB, is this you?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One round from a 30-06 will do as much damage as a clip from a 223 m-16.

In view of that, maybe really do not need a AR as i have other weapons i need to purchase with my gov checks. At this point have $2,000 yet to get plus the $2,800 from the new one.

I think i begat my wife with child last night so that's another $3,600/month for the next year once the kid is born. In time i should be able to hold off the 7th Calvary by myself as it looks now i will be by myself. db

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
AR platform 5.56 or 7.62 if you perfer,ah hell db jump in feet first pony up get yourself a barrett M82 50cal... be the first in your town....lol

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow;
While i sat in my bunker on a big hill top in 69 there was a quad 50 mounted on a duce and a half next to me. At times it would let all four barrels rib into the landscape. Barrels would turn red and one could see the bullet going down the barrel. They must of burn a few barrels up.
A 50 cal maybe more than i need. Do you think? db

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've owned a few mini 14's... unless they've changed, nothing i'd want to defend anything with at more than 25 yards... just a noisemaker...

ar - up to you...

as far as the m1 - i think i remember seeing you sell that for cash at a gun show a few years ago...

Bullshit. I shot many deer when I was young with a mini-14. And I can guarantee many of those shots were more than 25 yards. Also shot many jack rabbits and coyotes.

I was deadly with that rifle. Straight 4 power scope but I shot it a lot.

Last edited:

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bullshit. I shot many deer when I was young with a mini-14. And I can guarantee many of those shots were more than 25 yards. Also shot many jack rabbits and coyotes.

I was deadly with that rifle. Straight 4 power scope but I shot it a lot.

hahahahaha...

ok, thanks for the opinion on a shooter you've never met, and rifles you've never seen... isn't the internet awesome...

the op was looking for opinions... i'll be sure to run mine by you for approval before i offer it...

bahahahaha...

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So does a guy stock up on AR’s now for the forthcoming panic buy? Or is it not worth the risk of getting taxed $1000 a pop of a guy cannot sell them? Local store got in some Diamondback DB-15’s for $569, some guy bought 30 of them while I was there......

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
hahahahaha...

ok, thanks for the opinion on a shooter you've never met, and rifles you've never seen... isn't the internet awesome...

the op was looking for opinions... i'll be sure to run mine by you for approval before i offer it...

bahahahaha...

What the hell are you talking about. I have shot many mini’s. Just because you can’t shoot them worth a shit doesn’t mean they are a crappy gun. Laugh all you want. I’m offering my opinion having many hours shooting them. Take your paper punching bs and stick it.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Migrator man:

The risk is there but i assume he may sell them to the goverment and hopefully for more.
I really would like to get one just for the sake of having one but i will not pay a tax for owning a gun and then run the risk of not reg it.
Hopefully we are strong enough to defeat this. There should be a lot of piss off gun owners out there.
Democrats and bidden, why did people vote for them. bd

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell are you talking about. I have shot many mini’s. Just because you can’t shoot them worth a shit doesn’t mean they are a crappy gun. Laugh all you want. I’m offering my opinion having many hours shooting them. Take your paper punching bs and stick it.

i think you just won the argument - nice work...

thanks for the conversation...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 141
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 66