Big city crime

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the problem. Everyone has "rights" , some are good and some not so much. A thief doesn't have the right to steal but he has the right to sue whoever he wants, including the guys who confronted him along with the store owners who didn't have security to keep him safe as he walked to his vehicle with stolen property. My Sister worked at Home depot and I was shocked when she told me there was nothing they could do when they saw someone walk out of the store with stolen property. The store policy was let them go.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the problem. Everyone has "rights" , some are good and some not so much. A thief doesn't have the right to steal but he has the right to sue whoever he wants, including the guys who confronted him along with the store owners who didn't have security to keep him safe as he walked to his vehicle with stolen property. My Sister worked at Home depot and I was shocked when she told me there was nothing they could do when they saw someone walk out of the store with stolen property. The store policy was let them go.
I did see a Scheels employee, presumably a manager, follow a shoplifter out of the store and tell him loudly "You're making a mistake, I have your license plate. Turn around now and it'll be better for you" repeatedly. The guy got in his vehicle, tore off at a high rate of speed, and very nearly hit me as I backed out of my spot. Made for a heart-pumping trip to buy fishing gear, that's for sure. I sure didn't do what these guys did, he was bigger than me and looked mean lol.

gillraker

Looks like I will never shop at Home Depot again if those are the types of policies they will use as far as shoplifting goes..

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Courts are there to protect the innocent, and prosecute the evil. The fact many of us even think or comment how i wouldn't do that or I would hate to see how this end up for these guys etc. is part of the problem. These guys did nothing wrong they took a piece of shit and stepped on it, their only crime was being fed up with the normalization of bullshit and pussification of the US.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Courts are there to protect the innocent, and prosecute the evil. The fact many of us even think or comment how i wouldn't do that or I would hate to see how this end up for these guys etc. is part of the problem. These guys did nothing wrong they took a piece of shit and stepped on it, their only crime was being fed up with the normalization of bullshit and pussification of the US.
Yep that's what they're supposed to do. I don't trust that they will.

I'll pick my battles and step in when it really matters. Risking my life or freedoms over some merchandise stolen from Home Depot isn't where I'm placing my chips.

What happens if dude stabs me and I leave my sons fatherless and wife without a husband? Over some power tools? Maybe Home Depot needs a different strategy.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
...and Democrats in govt call this "consumer reparations" and bailed out arsonists in 2020.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
AMEN!

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
While I don't disagree, I'd like to see how this played out in the end for these guys. It seems there may be some issues with how it was handled. Then again, I'm no lawyer (thank God)!
I, myself, don't mind if they were a little rough with him. Put me on the jury and "hung jury" is the best a prosecutor will do (assuming the theft-stoppers were on trial).

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I, myself, don't mind if they were a little rough with him. Put me on the jury and "hung jury" is the best a prosecutor will do (assuming the theft-stoppers were on trial).
I don't disagree. However, in today's age of methamphetamine and senseless violence I'd choose not to take the personal risk over some Home Depot merchandise. Had he been causing bodily harm or threatening death towards someone I'd have a different mindset. If I were on the jury of this case the outcome would be the same as you described.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't disagree with you. I, too, might stand by simply because I've seen how these things play out.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I don't disagree, I'd like to see how this played out in the end for these guys. It seems there may be some issues with how it was handled. Then again, I'm no lawyer (thank God)!
They'll be fine, the guy was white.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in Menards two weeks ago on a saturday about 8pm. Two methed out creatures were wondering around the store filling up their pockets. Staff was literally chasing them down and herding them towards the exit. They dropped everything they stole at the doors. Gotta love little minneapolis.:confused:

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was that the Bismarck Lowes where a guy shot out someone's tires that was stealing stuff? Whatever happened to that? Did the guy that was shooting ever get charged with anything?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
What we need is some plain old WESTERN justice. It would not take long to change how the system works. LB
I have been saying this for quite some time. Bring back the vigilantes and have the 5 o'clock hangings, also televise it for all to see.
This should be at the border also.
The crime down here from the illegals is getting crazy. Most doesn't make the news because that will give the illegals a bad name.
They interviewed a bunch of them on the local news this week and again was asking where they were from, they gave an answer, then was asked if they were looking to work or would look for work. 9 out of 10 said no, they weren't going to work because Biden said we get free stuff.
This is crazy!

DakotaGreg

Established Member
Vigiliante justice is actual justice. Screw the state monopoly. It sucks at its job.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
large corporations live by the rule that a few hundred in lost merchandise is a fraction of the cost of a lawsuit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88