biggest bluegill?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1023.jpgIMG_1025.jpgIMG_1026.jpg1982258_10203149081028752_111863308_n.jpghuge-cameltoe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

U win those are some big gills.

Clay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys! and if you are looking for a good Bluegill article to read look up 'chasing dogs riding bicycles' it is a good read by Garett Svir. thanks again fellars.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's a bluegill??? I live in North Dakota. Maybe the game and fish should try stocking them

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a huge 'gil, but a purty one especially since the ice was so clear. Pretty sure Big J caught it, I just took the pic:

IMG_3486.jpg

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I grew up fishing perch and walleye, the better half and I purchased our little piece of paradise at on a small lake in northern Mn. The lake is actively managed by the good ole, Mn DNR for bluegills/sunfish. Limit is 5. We have fun just the same with catch and release ...some of them very nice.. but do keep enough for a meal now and again. I had forgotten how good they taste!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's a bluegill??? I live in North Dakota. Maybe the game and fish should try stocking them
ND has lots of lakes with them but they tend to over populate and stunt out!

Clay those are some awesome gills but I would watch out you may get sued by Captain Ahab for copyright infringement on a patented pose!

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet mother of God Clay. I believe I have seen those pics on another site and if I remember right, there was an approximate location in MN.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The key to big bluegills is the KEEP ONES MOUTH CLOSED ON WHERE TO FIND THEM. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Outstanding Fish there Clay!!! Congratulations!! Carry on.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
The key to big bluegills is the KEEP ONES MOUTH CLOSED ON WHERE TO FIND THEM. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Outstanding Fish there Clay!!! Congratulations!! Carry on.

or walleyes,deer,coyotes,bears ect:;:thumbsup

nice gills Clay

Clay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys!! I believe KDM to be very right! there just aint to many places anymore where you can catch them of this size, n we practice catch n release religiously on anything ten inches n up so that the genes could be carried on. Alhough I cannot share the location I thought I could maybe share some pics on this thread. I have been lurking here up until I seen the word Bluegill LOL! I didn't know if there were anyone else out there that loves gills on the site till yesterday and they sure are tasty little morsels n we occasionally do keep some 8 to 9 inchers for a lil fry. thanks again guys

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clay very nice job catching those tanks. Those are dream fish.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dandy bulls clay,seems you have the spot on the spot even in the winter,I remember this pic from last winter I think? The ole "secret Minnesota lake" Back in the mid 80's we were lured to Valintine Nebraska famed sandhill alkali lakes region before word got out,giant gills pushing 3lbs,yellow perch 2-3lbs by the bucket,today the new world record is over 5lbs out of AZ,but these dandy Midwest bulls are impressive.

Spring Bull.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79