biggest bluegill?

Clay

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHa Ghost!! I certainly would but have six kids that fight to come with me as it is! sometimes they all come, I consider myself a master of untangling fishing line thanks to a handy dandy scissor. the picture that Snow posted is the biggest I've caught through the ice, it was two pounds and 12 inches! that was a sight to see coming up an eight inch hole! Snow I did hear about the Nebraska haydays it sounds like that would have been a bunch of fun wrestling gills that push three pounds!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah Clay,that was before we had electronics too,these lakes were only 5' to8' deep,so a flasher wouldn't have helped much but the bite was hot-n-heavy,small window to icefish there as it doesn't get that cold,today these lakes have been fished out,I stopped by about 5 years ago in January while hunting yotes and upland birds on the refuge,brought along my ice gear as well,got way back into the hills and for old time sake stopped at one of the great gill lakes I had ever fished,had a federal warden come up on me while getting my gear ready,local guy said the lakes had been fished out over the years,some still had large pike and bass,but few master class gills.Lose lips lead to a magazine article by a local writer making a name for himself(INFISHERMAN) came out with dave genz,had pics of giant gills 13".14"s bulls and that was it,he said folks from all over the country came by the 100's.

So,you keep what you have to yourself,your dang lucky in these times,great memories for your kids as long as they don't bring friends to your lake as they grow, your golden.

Thanx for sharing.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guarantee it was sconis by the bus full heading to nebraska. Now they park their buses on devils lake. At least they play polka music at eds... Haha

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
so ghost can drive to Metigoshe but not Valley City.. I see how it is. :(

You can take comfort in the fact that the lake was bumper to bumper traffic of all floating vessels that annoy fishermen and I caught zero bluegills. The lone fish I caught was medium small brindle right at the end of the day before I gave up. If that isn't poetic justice, I don't know what is. I hate fishing.

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0208.jpg
Last winter i caught a few that were in that 10-11" range. Too bad the word spread like fire, I'm sure that lake was fished bare.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67