Bis to lose boat ramp

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
These City Council members need to be lit up and questioned on this back door deal!!!! This should have been proposed to the citizens and voted on NOT shoved down our throat!! Game and Fish need to have some say in this and try to be of some help as well, that's why we pay them!! We lost a boat ramp (Desert) a few years ago that was not replaced. We surely can't afford to lose another!!! The Ones left will be The ZOO now!!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I noticed the picture renderings don't sho the interstate bridge in it. If they plan on doing concerts and things of that nature would the traffic noise be a concern as well as take away from the overall look. Put it down by sertoma park and leave the ramp alone. Heck you could dredge a swimming hole out there
It all wreaks of someone helping someone out to make money off the taxpayers...

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It all wreaks of someone helping someone out to make money off the taxpayers...

Well they explicitly state that intention on their website so not a conspiracy theory.

1000001211.jpg

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1000001216.jpg

This should give you an idea what these people, their "public input meetings", and plans for this public land are all about.

They started the session by making it clear the only purpose of the meeting was to provide affirmation and validation. Paraphrasing some of the opening statements: "This portion of the project is happening. It's already in motion. The boat ramp and parking are going away."

Numerous people respectfully spoke out in opposition and were promptly shut down because "that is not part of the program". Approximately half the attendees were clearly opposed to the project for various reasons including loss of boat ramp, loss of parking, abuse of taxpayers, and concerns over infeasibility of what is proposed.

They paraded out a nice native woman who suggested the existing parking lot is somehow responsible for violence against native women.

It's straight from the crony capitalism playbook: exploit and patronize the left to make the case for establishing a private profit center built on public land and funded by taxpayers.

The people behind this believe the biggest problem with the Bismarck riverfront is that it is free and open to the public rather than generating profit for themselves.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
^ I think that’s very accurate

sounds like organizing, somehow finding $$$ to hire attorneys and filing lawsuits is your only chance

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I find this very hard to believe...

NDGF and other state agencies that should have been involved in this (including some that have legal authority in these matters) were intentionally left out of the discussion by the project organizers.

They referenced previous "input sessions" where they invited only friends of the Ft Abraham Lincoln Foundation and used that "data" to push their idea.

If the city is planning a road project, they put up signs on that road. It's not an accident there have been no signs on River Rd or at the ramp.

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK all, fast forward to maybe the year 2030. After being robbed of our tax dollars to build this Thing and we have a repeat of 2011. Every last 2X4 and brick are floating/drug down river, who pays to rebuild it. This is very real. If they want to build something like this why not out of the flood plain with more area for more roads to get to and from after a concert or what-ever

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
1000001216.jpg

This should give you an idea what these people, their "public input meetings", and plans for this public land are all about.

They started the session by making it clear the only purpose of the meeting was to provide affirmation and validation. Paraphrasing some of the opening statements: "This portion of the project is happening. It's already in motion. The boat ramp and parking are going away."

Numerous people respectfully spoke out in opposition and were promptly shut down because "that is not part of the program". Approximately half the attendees were clearly opposed to the project for various reasons including loss of boat ramp, loss of parking, abuse of taxpayers, and concerns over infeasibility of what is proposed.

They paraded out a nice native woman who suggested the existing parking lot is somehow responsible for violence against native women.

It's straight from the crony capitalism playbook: exploit and patronize the left to make the case for establishing a private profit center built on public land and funded by taxpayers.

The people behind this believe the biggest problem with the Bismarck riverfront is that it is free and open to the public rather than generating profit for themselves.
So when did the discussion WITH THE PUBLIC happen that decided to go ahead with this? I thought this was the input stage about whether it happens or not!!! When did the public get to decide whether they want this OR NOT?????!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK all, fast forward to maybe the year 2030. After being robbed of our tax dollars to build this Thing and we have a repeat of 2011. Every last 2X4 and brick are floating/drug down river, who pays to rebuild it. This is very real. If they want to build something like this why not out of the flood plain with more area for more roads to get to and from after a concert or what-ever
Yup, putting it in the flood plain and taking out a boat ramp for it is about as asinine thing I've ever heard of. I would not have thought Bismarck "leaders" were that retarded.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shady deals aside, I still believe there are huge undertakings involved with the feds when you’re talking constructing into the river, seeing has what a pain it can be to even have a dock. Like it was said above, what does it take for me to be gifted millions in prime taxpayer owned real estate for my business ventures. Bravo’s beach bar would be a hit.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Can someone post the commissioners and mayors email address on this forum? I went to the website but the email aren’t list. You have to fill out a form and submit your comments.

I’d rather send a group email vs individual emails voicing my concern of the stupidity of building such a structure next to a volatile river. I’m a construction guy and this makes no sense to me a a private contractor due to the substantial additional cost being incurred.

This will definitely be a giant sink hole of throwing public funds into it with no bottom.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can someone post the commissioners and mayors email address on this forum? I went to the website but the email aren’t list. You have to fill out a form and submit your comments.

I’d rather send a group email vs individual emails voicing my concern of the stupidity of building such a structure next to a volatile river. I’m a construction guy and this makes no sense to me a a private contractor due to the substantial additional cost being incurred.

This will definitely be a giant sink hole of throwing public funds into it with no bottom.

Invite them all to join in this discussion on NDA .

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup, putting it in the flood plain and taking out a boat ramp for it is about as asinine thing I've ever heard of. I would not have thought Bismarck "leaders" were that retarded.
You kidding me they are all retarded..including burliegh county commissioners. Look at Steve Bakken guy is booted as mayor and the dipshit commissioners for burliegh thought it would be a great idea to put him as a commissioner...why?...because they all were unprepared for a meeting and he(bakken) said he wanted to be a commissioner. Most people that have the brains for these positions have way to much going on in there lives to be a commissioner....soooo we get the absolute bottom of the barrel...good for us.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14