What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 413111" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>I would think the same funding sources they planned on using for the existing plan.</p><p></p><p>FALF may be a non-profit, but they aren't without resources. Someone, somewhere, had to somehow justify FALF's involvement. I've got to imagine it was done using a "this will boost revenue by X amount" approach. </p><p></p><p>I mean, I get it...I've been to communities that have done great things similar to this along their waterfront. Hudson, WI...Havasu City, AZ are just a couple that come to mind. But that doesn't mean I like the way this was handled in the slightest.</p><p></p><p>FWIW though, I don't agree with straight up accusing BrockW or anyone else of doing this simply for their own financial enrichment. Some people feel enriched simply by volunteering their time and effort for causes they believe in.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 413111, member: 389"] I would think the same funding sources they planned on using for the existing plan. FALF may be a non-profit, but they aren't without resources. Someone, somewhere, had to somehow justify FALF's involvement. I've got to imagine it was done using a "this will boost revenue by X amount" approach. I mean, I get it...I've been to communities that have done great things similar to this along their waterfront. Hudson, WI...Havasu City, AZ are just a couple that come to mind. But that doesn't mean I like the way this was handled in the slightest. FWIW though, I don't agree with straight up accusing BrockW or anyone else of doing this simply for their own financial enrichment. Some people feel enriched simply by volunteering their time and effort for causes they believe in. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
Top
Bottom