What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="guywhofishes" data-source="post: 413476" data-attributes="member: 337"><p>Meh. No you're not slinging facts. You're slinging "your truth". </p><p></p><p>You're entitled to your opinion, but your referring to what you're slinging as "facts" shows you're not real familiar with the critical nuances of the scientific process. Scientists who aren't natural critics and very dubious, even about their own findings, are CHUMPS in my opinion.</p><p></p><p>Every journal article supporting bait bans or discussing the facts of CWD transmission in general is chockfull of "should" "probably" "might" "assume" "likelihood" and on and on. </p><p></p><p>I have dealt with scientifically difficult to understand mirages for over 30 years. So much so that I publish articles and am invited to give presentations at international conferences where the topic is basically warning people not to let the evidence that <u>seems</u> to be "facts" sucker them into thinking they are indeed facts. </p><p></p><p>I spend most of my days at work making a concerted effort not to be fooled by what appears to be facts but aren't. So I know well the dangers of assuming things - that make you like like a fool later on. And you're in neck deep if you're convinced your trusted scientists are right about everything.</p><p></p><p>By the way, I've not yet gotten close to <u>needing</u> bait to deer hunt (knock on wood). I'm not the Grandpa I was referencing. </p><p></p><p>I was talking about <strong>other </strong>people needlessly being asked to sacrifice for something that's unnecessary, not myself or my friends in particular.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="guywhofishes, post: 413476, member: 337"] Meh. No you're not slinging facts. You're slinging "your truth". You're entitled to your opinion, but your referring to what you're slinging as "facts" shows you're not real familiar with the critical nuances of the scientific process. Scientists who aren't natural critics and very dubious, even about their own findings, are CHUMPS in my opinion. Every journal article supporting bait bans or discussing the facts of CWD transmission in general is chockfull of "should" "probably" "might" "assume" "likelihood" and on and on. I have dealt with scientifically difficult to understand mirages for over 30 years. So much so that I publish articles and am invited to give presentations at international conferences where the topic is basically warning people not to let the evidence that [U]seems[/U] to be "facts" sucker them into thinking they are indeed facts. I spend most of my days at work making a concerted effort not to be fooled by what appears to be facts but aren't. So I know well the dangers of assuming things - that make you like like a fool later on. And you're in neck deep if you're convinced your trusted scientists are right about everything. By the way, I've not yet gotten close to [U]needing[/U] bait to deer hunt (knock on wood). I'm not the Grandpa I was referencing. I was talking about [B]other [/B]people needlessly being asked to sacrifice for something that's unnecessary, not myself or my friends in particular. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
Top
Bottom