What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="BrockW" data-source="post: 413580" data-attributes="member: 5910"><p>Same here. Though I have helped my buddies fill their feeders during that time. So does that make me biased for baiting?</p><p></p><p>I think you’re being illogical. If his study was done specifically on baiting, and it was severely flawed or not able to pass the rigors of peer review, I would agree with you. Peer review is usually pretty good at spotting bias in results.</p><p></p><p>However, in reality, Kreeger’s study had nothing to do with baiting. He had a facility where they were conducting research on CWD positive elk. To test environmental and horizontal transmission, he simply put 39 naive elk in where the previously infected study elk had lived. Within 3 years, 37 of the 39 elk died from end stage CWD. Keep in mind elk regularly live into their teens and cow elk get into the upper teens. The last 2 died in the subsequent 2 years. Again, all 39 clinical end stage CWD. </p><p></p><p>I sent that same study to Mr. Backer who runs the “Chronic Wasting Dis ease” FB page. The next day he made a post saying how CWD isn’t contagious. Literally, like the day after I shared that study with him he posted this.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]67727[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Again, I’m not arguing with you. I don’t expect you or them to change your minds. I’ve dealt with enough of the CWD is a conspiracy folks to know that’s a useless game. </p><p></p><p>I just want good, factual information, the truth to get out there and be seen by North Dakotans, and I know this conversation and these posts will get seen by many folks. So mission accomplished for me, regardless of what you think.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="BrockW, post: 413580, member: 5910"] Same here. Though I have helped my buddies fill their feeders during that time. So does that make me biased for baiting? I think you’re being illogical. If his study was done specifically on baiting, and it was severely flawed or not able to pass the rigors of peer review, I would agree with you. Peer review is usually pretty good at spotting bias in results. However, in reality, Kreeger’s study had nothing to do with baiting. He had a facility where they were conducting research on CWD positive elk. To test environmental and horizontal transmission, he simply put 39 naive elk in where the previously infected study elk had lived. Within 3 years, 37 of the 39 elk died from end stage CWD. Keep in mind elk regularly live into their teens and cow elk get into the upper teens. The last 2 died in the subsequent 2 years. Again, all 39 clinical end stage CWD. I sent that same study to Mr. Backer who runs the “Chronic Wasting Dis ease” FB page. The next day he made a post saying how CWD isn’t contagious. Literally, like the day after I shared that study with him he posted this. [ATTACH type="full"]67727[/ATTACH] Again, I’m not arguing with you. I don’t expect you or them to change your minds. I’ve dealt with enough of the CWD is a conspiracy folks to know that’s a useless game. I just want good, factual information, the truth to get out there and be seen by North Dakotans, and I know this conversation and these posts will get seen by many folks. So mission accomplished for me, regardless of what you think. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Other
Sports
Bis to lose boat ramp
Top
Bottom