Bison going South again

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched the Bison game last night and Incarnate Word do not have to hang their heads in shame. They played one heck of a game and gave the Bison all they could handle. If IW would have kicked a couple field goals instead of going for it on 4th down, they might have pulled this off. I fully understand the coaches thinking to go for the 4th down and that might put the Bison away for good, especially on the road. Just didn't turn out that way for them.
The Bison QB Cam Miller couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a scoop shovel last night. One completion for the night. The receivers did drop two I think that should have been caught. The Bison better be looking for a QB that can make completions especially when it is really needed.
Bison have a ton of injuries this year and will see who they play after today. Hope it is SDSU after losing to them earlier this year. Could be a good game but wouldn't be surprised if SDSU takes it, that is IF they beat Montana State Bobcats today.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Frisco was probably worried during this game, if the Bison lost, Frisco's booze sales would have taken a huuuge loss.
Also the motels and BnB places would be a big loss too as most colleges don't have the following that the Bison have.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was some rumors the bison are considering move up to the fbs big leagues, many of the schools that the bison have played in the title are also moving up to a newly formed conference the sun belt for division 1 schools. So this may be the bison last trip to Texas to play in a division 1A title, will it happen absolutely it will eventually happen, especially since their arch rivals the JMU already headed to the sun belt it's going to an interesting future for the bison.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDSU is really laying the wood to Montana State today.
The Bison will have their hands full against SDSU in the Final game in Frisco this January.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
BBJ:

One catch for 5 yards and they still win the game with the run. Someone will need to tune that up against SDSU. db

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bison fumbled and UIW should have had ball close to red zone. A FG would have tied it. They even replayed it and it was clear, not sure who they paid off on that one.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
NDSU gets all the breaks, you know. Same with my struggles in life. Damn dB

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bison fumbled and UIW should have had ball close to red zone. A FG would have tied it. They even replayed it and it was clear, not sure who they paid off on that one.
He definitely fumbled the ball and the only thing I can think of is the backup fullback (#49) Hunter Brozio, must have recovered it. Couldn't see that part in the replays.
You sure see a lot of players that don't secure the ball with 2 hands when getting hit or running through the pile.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The call on the field was fumble recovered by ndsu. Considering 2 bison initially landed on the ball, it would have been hard to overturn despite the fact iuw may have come up with it in a scrum.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll cheer for the BIZON but UIW got totally hosed and not sure how replay missed it.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Didn't get to see the replay at the game. TV only gets that view. But as I recall the replay was "Confirmed",not "Sustained". The difference is confirmed means the replay agrees with the call. Sustained means not enough evidence to change the call.

Without a doubt in my mind UIW was a very good team. Skill positions were very fast and quick. Stats were pretty heavy in their favor, all but 1. 4 TURNOVERS was a big game changer. They do need to get some players back and not sure how many are possible. SDSU will be a test for sure. Miller did not have a good day passing but running was very good. I've seen him throw much better and am pretty confident he will be better in Texas.

There is a suggestion that they move up to the FBS but it's not just and NDSU choice. I don't know that they have been invited to join a conference. And current'y there is not a conference that geographically makes lot of sense. Time will tell.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was some rumors the bison are considering move up to the fbs big leagues, many of the schools that the bison have played in the title are also moving up to a newly formed conference the sun belt for division 1 schools. So this may be the bison last trip to Texas to play in a division 1A title, will it happen absolutely it will eventually happen, especially since their arch rivals the JMU already headed to the sun belt it's going to an interesting future for the bison.
The Bison are not going anywhere unless they get an invite to the mountain west. These conferences care more than just about football and NDSU is too far of a trip for most FBS conferences. NDSU won’t go anywhere unless they take teams like SDSU with them.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDSU/NDSU has been a dream Frisco matchup for years and it’s finally happening. Unfortunately NDSU is a big underdog this year. Between the two schools, they’re gonna drink Frisco dry. Drunkest city in America for a couple days.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't get to see the replay at the game. TV only gets that view. But as I recall the replay was "Confirmed",not "Sustained". The difference is confirmed means the replay agrees with the call. Sustained means not enough evidence to change the call.

Without a doubt in my mind UIW was a very good team. Skill positions were very fast and quick. Stats were pretty heavy in their favor, all but 1. 4 TURNOVERS was a big game changer. They do need to get some players back and not sure how many are possible. SDSU will be a test for sure. Miller did not have a good day passing but running was very good. I've seen him throw much better and am pretty confident he will be better in Texas.

There is a suggestion that they move up to the FBS but it's not just and NDSU choice. I don't know that they have been invited to join a conference. And current'y there is not a conference that geographically makes lot of sense. Time will tell.
Join the Big 12. Go big or go home!!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
So NDSU is at the top of the FCS and people are making the argument that they need to go to the FBS. Should the top FBS teams be forced to go to the NFL then? I’ll take the playoff structure and winning in the FCS over getting slaughtered and being a nobody in the FBS.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88