Boat flooring repair?

Bottompin

Anyone in the Minot area, know who works on boat flooring? I have a Lund Pro Guide that has a soft spot in the floor that I want to get repaired. I haven’t yet checked with any of the automotive centers such as Jerome’s, just wondering if anyone knows someone who works on this. Thanks for any help!

Bottompin

‘09. I actually just looked up Lund’s warranty and according to it, it will be covered under the lifetime warranty. I thought the lifetime warranty was only on their riveted hulls but it says lifetime on the paneling as well. Now I have to deal with Vallely ��

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
good luck with that Vallely thing ;:;rofl

Right, you're better off doing it yourself. Take the panel out, use the same carpet, seal the wood with a shitload of poly and screw it back in. I did my Skeeter center panel, piece of cake.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I replaced the whole floor in my 2000' pro-v. It wasn't that bad of a job. Carpeting all the hatch lids was the PITA

Bottompin

Yeah I did my Lund Alaskan several years back and it really wasn’t that bad, just plenty time consuming. This bad spot is on the main floor in back of the drivers seat. Luckily it’s only on one side of the seam. I’m sure I could do myself but if someone would want the job and was reasonable priced, I’d pay. All4eyes, I’ll pm you when I’m allowed to pm. Not sure if I need a certain amount of posts?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have done a couple different boats a 17 foot crest liner Nordic and a 20 ft Lund Alaskan and both were a lot of work and took 40 to 60 man hours to complete and really wasn't much fun

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did the floor in my boat, not a real big job but I"m retired so time isn't much of an issue. Don't want to be doing this in the summer when you want to use your boat, not work on it. Because of that a heated shop is pretty necessary. If you have the time and space go for it. If you have neither or even don't have one of them, then the job will frustrate you.

Should also add, you will need some carpentry tools and skills.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might try contacting Lund directly. Have a bud that had a flooring issue with a Pro V several years ago. He contacted Lund and they agreed to take a look at the boat. He delivered to New York Mills. They called him about 3 weeks later and said it was done. When he went back to pick-up, not only was the flooring issue resolved, but the boat had been buffed out and looked like new. Another benefit in working with Lund would be that you could avoid Vallely. Replaced the flooring on a 17' Sylvan years ago and as others have stated, not that hard, but took me a lot of time. Good luck!

Backwater Eddy

If anyone is going to do it themselves. Just one suggestion that I might make, to look into. Space Age Synth out of Fargo. They have composite boards. You can order what you need for thickness, density, and size, or call them up and ask what they have for seconds, lots cheaper. Over all you will pay a little more for the boards, but it will never rot out again. I have done 2 boats with it and no issues works great. Also, have done 2 transoms with the panels, turned out solid. Works just like wood, but the only draw back I found was that it will go thru blades and router bits quicker than wood, due to the fiberglass. Just my $.02

- - - Updated - - -

Also, will agree with the others. Looking at it at first, it looks like it will not take that much time. Once you get into the project you realize that it will take a lot longer. Maybe they turn out longer for me because of OCD and being a perfectionist. ::thinking::

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still in the process of Doing this myself replaced the back panel on my tiller, but the plywood (marine grade) doesn't quite match with the next panel would regular floor leveler work or do I have to find something else?

Backwater Eddy

Still in the process of Doing this myself replaced the back panel on my tiller, but the plywood (marine grade) doesn't quite match with the next panel would regular floor leveler work or do I have to find something else?

With the leveler, the only thing that I would fear is it breaking loose from the wood or something along those lines. Don’t know how big the panel is but you could get a sheet a little thicker n plane it down. Or just leave it thicker, I’ve seen it done that way too. Are you taken into account the carpet or vinyl rolled over the edges to raise it up an 1/8 inch or so? Just somethings to think about.

Last edited:

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do not use regular floor patch it's not waterproof and will become mushy. I'd just leave it alone, or build up with fiberglass mesh and resin.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33