• Total voters

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with 3oz bottom bouncers.#3ozbottombouncerlivesmatter

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
1/2 oz Buttershots 1/2 oz Baileys layer in a shot class, hand to a lady to drink and order yourself a shot of whiskey and a beer. Repeat.

Fuzz-E-Grub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have read in a couple of recent threads about guys using these 2 and 3 oz botttom bouncers. I have no doubt that they have their place, I'm just curious about what type of rod a guy is using to run these rigs? I need an excuse for a new rod and this might be it.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bottom bouncing is by far my least favorite way to catch fish.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
State record out of WA on the big C: 2oz bottom bouncer -- some say 3:;:howdy

20.32lbr -- dat be a big eyeball

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once upon a time I was fishing with a guy that had so much confidence in cranks that we pulled them for 2 hours without a bite , We were in his boat and wasn't going to tell him how we should fish and since we were trolling fast in 12-14 FOW I snuck around when he wasn't watching and put two 2oz bottom bouncers and a spinner, you read it right, 2+2 = 4. I was enjoying a humble and silent hayday, one after another. He finally caught me just as I was throwing back the 3rd walleye, They were dinks but it was more than we were catching on crankbaits. It would have been funner if I would have latched onto a decent fish.

I have tried bottom bouncers 3 or 4 feet in front of a crankbait but couldn't even catch dinks, There's no reason that shouldn't work . Anyone else try crazy stuff just to prove that you can catch a walleye with almost anything ? Maybe not a big one but I swear walleyes are way easier to catch than perch and that used to be complete opposite. Perch setups had huge bobbers when I was a kid and the bobbers would go a few inches under the water with a bite. Try that now days and you go home skunked

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I barely use over a 1 oz....... so i must be doing it wrong

Probably because I don't troll them over 1.5.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using power pro line for a few years now, and can say I have not lost a bottom bouncer in equally as long.

I bust off my spinners from time to time, as I use a lighter line and mono, but at this rate I will likely never have to purchase those costly bottom bouncers again. Life is good, its better when its less costly.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using power pro line for a few years now, and can say I have not lost a bottom bouncer in equally as long.

I bust off my spinners from time to time, as I use a lighter line and mono, but at this rate I will likely never have to purchase those costly bottom bouncers again. Life is good, its better when its less costly.

I do the same thing. 10lb fireline above the bouncer, and 10lb mono for the spinner/lindy. I have yet to break off a bouncer in 2 years.

Also, I use 2oz bouncers religiously unless super deep. They work like a charm.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate how bb's make fish feel WAY bigger than they are upon initial hookup

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW, I HATE a bunch of crap between me and the fish

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 41