Boycott Patagonia?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll play devils advocate here. Since conservation seems to come up a lot lately, Patagonia is one of the company’s that actually does give back to the environment from which they make a profit. Sometimes you have to make strange bedfellows to get what you want. If people constantly dig in and only support those that think exactly as you do, all you end up with is a billion splintered groups and nothing gets accomplished. You probably have a beef or two with at least some of the republican platform. You probably still vote for them. Food for thought.

c-users-admin-desktop-ahsan-2039-18-gif.gif

- - - Updated - - -

:;:howdy

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well. Screw you too then. You’re lucky my gif wants are too large for this site.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to support companies that have the attitude that Patagonia is currently displaying on their website then have at it. I for one don't. Kinda like the NFL and their kneeling bullshit. If enough people know about what is going on then maybe we can get these companies to change their attitude. It sure seems like the NFL is having fun with their lost revenue.

I can clearly see that you sir or madam, are a kneeler! Good luck.

Hope you didn’t pull any muscles with that big stretch

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
examples?

- - - Updated - - -

also... Suck it Patagonorrhea.

uh oh... bad rep time for my comment

For a smart dude that I respect you sometimes say some really stupid shit”

- - - Updated - - -

Well. Screw you too then. You’re lucky my gif wants are too large for this site.

the little wavy guy means joking - right?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
uh oh... bad rep time for my comment

For a smart dude that I respect you sometimes say some really stupid shit”

- - - Updated - - -

the little wavy guy means joking - right?

I don’t even know anymore. Not having a great day, err, yea...decade.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll play devils advocate here. Since conservation seems to come up a lot lately, Patagonia is one of the company’s that actually does give back to the environment from which they make a profit. Sometimes you have to make strange bedfellows to get what you want. If people constantly dig in and only support those that think exactly as you do, all you end up with is a billion splintered groups and nothing gets accomplished. You probably have a beef or two with at least some of the republican platform. You probably still vote for them. Food for thought.

Which on the out side looking in looks like a good deal they give this money for conservation who would be against that.... but then the details emerge. Huge support of the wolf project which if they were managed from the start would not be against that in a bit as it is cool hearing the big dogs howl but not left un checked and you know the out come to that. Sierra club and others who like the out doors but dont really like us using the out doors. When is the last time hunters have said you hikers or god damn mountain bikers need to stay out of the woods. If that is a big selling point which why not help a good cause both sitka and first lite give back 2% to conservation plus a bunch of others. All while being big supporters of what we do. Here are some the members https://fishandwildlife.org/pages/members

- - - Updated - - -

before some on jumps my ass just posting information.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wolf reintroduction itself wasn’t the problem. The way they went about it was. The way they are used as political clout now is as well but that’s a whole other topic that I don’t want to get into here and derail the thread. Sitka and First Lite and all those other companies copied Patagonia’s plan. That’s well documented. Are they perfect? God no. But I’ll tie it back to Republican/Democrat for example. In ND, one Republican, backed by his friends, tried to gift himself a half section of my favorite public land for private use. Guess which side of the aisle I had to find myself on? The truth of it is we are far closer to losing public lands and conservation than we are to losing our guns.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Airing of grievances, stay tuned for feats of strength.

Win! Very much laffs.

I think that Patagonia, just like The North Face USED TO BE, was good tech clothing. Used to be fairly exclusive. You'd find it in real camping/climbing/gear-centric stores. Now it's mostly worn by soccer-moms.

Don't get me wrong, it's still ridiculously expensive. And it's still nice stuff. Just.. like under armour, I won't go out of my way to buy it.

"stay tuned for feats of strength" is tickling me greatly..

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's all a big publicity joke. Both of these "National Monuments" were set up with the stroke of a pen from the Commander in Chief's. Obama created Bear's Ears National Monument the week before he left office. Just so he could give the new incumbent the final "finger" as he walked out the door. By declaring a "National Monument" it halts all production on every square inch of that land. So the people who were utilizing it for actual business were SOL. The same thing with Grand Staircase-Escalante. Clinton singed that one in right before election time to capture as many votes as he could.

What Trump did was reverse the decision that Obama did (which was done 1 week prior to the end of his term), and to top it off added a little extra from Clinton's decisions back 21 years ago.

I'm all about National Parks, National Monuments, and Sacred Indian Grounds but don't do these things at the end of your final term when you are weeks from leaving office.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Airing of grievances, stay tuned for feats of strength.

I’m with JayKay, this made me LOL biggly.

- - - Updated - - -

For those interested, this is what you get when you visit patagonia.com
C5043ABB-B322-4443-9488-31998655F0EB.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
My take on patagonia is the line is over rated,oh you'll see racks of they're attire at all major ski shops out west and a few high end sport shops here in the midwest,but way over rated just like sitka,way spendy for what they have to offer.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah their homepage statement is a bit much even for me. And yes i own some Patagonia stuff (Snowboard shell, Waders, a few insulation pieces etc.) but i never paid more than 50% for any of it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My take on patagonia is the line is over rated,oh you'll see racks of they're attire at all major ski shops out west and a few high end sport shops here in the midwest,but way over rated just like sitka,way spendy for what they have to offer.

I don't agree with Patagonia business but quality of their clothes is tough to dispute. I believe they were on of the first to us schuller textiles in their clothes. Now others such as sitka followed suit with their use of synthetic. What don't you like about either Patagonia or sitka. From a use stand point? I like hearing how people have put their gear through the paces and why they do or don't like it.

My sitka had lasted through stuff I thought would shred it in blow down. Drys amazingly fast and the polygene works at not smelling after wearing it for a week straight. Keeps me warm with minimal weight penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

The wolf reintroduction itself wasn’t the problem. The way they went about it was. The way they are used as political clout now is as well but that’s a whole other topic that I don’t want to get into here and derail the thread. Sitka and First Lite and all those other companies copied Patagonia’s plan. That’s well documented. Are they perfect? God no. But I’ll tie it back to Republican/Democrat for example. In ND, one Republican, backed by his friends, tried to gift himself a half section of my favorite public land for private use. Guess which side of the aisle I had to find myself on? The truth of it is we are far closer to losing public lands and conservation than we are to losing our guns.

Copied it but give the money to orgs that like hunters. Giving 10 grand to defenders of wild life isn't cool

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5