Bubba or Rapala knife?

VDAWG

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old corded electric rapala knife hit the skids. I’d debating between the bubba or rapala lithium?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question does it need to be the 2 posted because American angler is got a awesome knife, especially if you buy the pro American angler titanium shark blades. The best knife atleast its better then the older knives that they made.

Mr.Mike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my Bubba cordless so far. Had Rapala corded that lasted 4 years and American Angler corded lasted over 10 years.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the American Angler with the shark blades too. Still prefer the Rapala lithium.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother uses a Bubba and it works like a champ. The skinny blade bends a bit. He swears by it and he uses it quite often.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Electric? It's all Rapala for me going on the last 20-some years. I am still running the same 110V rapala I picked up only because of a big sale.

Must be 8+ sets of blades later and the trigger is getting sticky.

I've had occasion to try the Bubba and a couple other electrics and if given my 'druthers, the Rapala is in my hand as the fish hits the table.

I was just telling my boy last night that I should be retiring it and look at the other options again. There look to be some Rapala knockoffs on the market nowadays. I would go that route before acquiring one of the others that couldn't whittle the handle down from something roughly resembling a 2x4.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last time I checked Bubba prices were silly. I literally never have to charge the Rapala. It's quite odd how long it will last.

Founding Member
Founding Member
My newer R12 Rapala is way better than my slow fat handled bubba. But I did use the new bubba with the stainless on it an that allot better knife now, fast blade speed like the rapala.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in the DL perch hayday I used a regular kitchen fillet knife for cleaning perch that were partially frozen and it fit my hand like a glove. I used it all the time but after a few fish it would get wet and give me shocks so I bought a cabelas corded fillet knife when they first came out. I used it once and was so mad at that thing because it was a PITA to operate because of trigger and blade release placement . My hands are big and I have a hard time . I tried it for the second time in 30 some years on bigger pike last winter with the same results so I'm shopping. I won't buy one until I hold one and get the feel of it so if a stranger askes if he can hold your fillet knife at the cleaning station in the near future it might be me.

Designers only had one job to do, and don't get me started about trying to pour coffee from our glass coffee pot without it dribbling all over the place.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
The blades will fit from a rapala in a bubba
Rapala blades also fit in the American Angler. Ask me how I know! Rapala blades outlasted the handle, still wish I could find my American angler blades because they were superior.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the fancy Bubba case with all the blades a couple years ago. Mainly because I noticed how many Scheels was shipping out every day. At first I hated it. To fish and my hand cramped up from trying to grip the handle. This year it seems to fit better. I probably clean fish faster better and with less work then ever before. But yes is was not comfortable at first.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 4