Bubba Rope

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious if anyone has any personal experience with these things or any of the other Kinetic Recovery ropes. They're pretty spendy but I like the idea. Tow straps & chains work good but the rubber band effect would be pretty helpful. Thanks

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
they work good. allow a half ton to pull out a 3/4 ton or bigger without beating the tittysprinkles outta both vechiles. just don't use a chain with one of these ropes cause if one or the other breaks you have a giant slingshot looking to wreck windshields tailgates and anything else in its way

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any idea about what size to get I have a 3/4 ton Mega Cab, was thinking 1" or 1 1/4"

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bigger the better is the normal rule, or so I have heard.

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
First, not at gun point. Second wasn't me that was stuck. Thanks Fullrut never heard of it before would much rather keep it local

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy a Ford and avoid getting stuck anymore.

Just got the call about a half hour ago that my new ford Raptor will be ready to pick up at 3:30. Great news since I ordered it over 5 months ago.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got the call about a half hour ago that my new ford Raptor will be ready to pick up at 3:30. Great news since I ordered it over 5 months ago.

Somebody dropped some coin. I heard some dealers were asking way over the sticker on those, especially in the west coast.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting. Hadn't heard of these before. We have several nylon's. These Bubba ropes appear to be smaller and lighter for the same size and strength?

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somebody dropped some coin. I heard some dealers were asking way over the sticker on those, especially in the west coast.
East and west coast even Texas they're asking $10-$40K over sticker. If someone wants to pay $10K over they can have mine that's for sure.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used one the other morning south of Minot, kid said he's been stuck for 4 hours, this was at 7:15 AM. He said he was trying to impress a girl, It was a Ford so not sure how he was impressing her. They work good but also I used our snow-cat

littlefish

Founding Member
Founding Member
long time lurker here. funny story, pulled into an apartment parking lot with tractor box scraper to clean it after a storm and a kid had a chevy traverse buried in the snow. they tried to pull it out with a pickup with bald tires couldnt do it, backed up my tractor and the kid said
theres only one place to hook to on this thing so he hooked up the chain and i took off slowly, the chain barely tightened and i pulled the
transmission cooler out of his vehicle. wtf

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
long time lurker here. funny story, pulled into an apartment parking lot with tractor box scraper to clean it after a storm and a kid had a chevy traverse buried in the snow. they tried to pull it out with a pickup with bald tires couldnt do it, backed up my tractor and the kid said
theres only one place to hook to on this thing so he hooked up the chain and i took off slowly, the chain barely tightened and i pulled the
transmission cooler out of his vehicle. wtf

Ha ha ha... poor idiot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 98
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41