busted skag

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
OB lower units have skegs. I think a skag is something else. Kind of like boat trailers have winches, but once in a while they also have a wench to turn the winch.

lipripper24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck Prop Works/ Bismarck Welding just have it fixed and be done with it those skeg guards just cause more damage the next time and you will be seeing them again.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could just trade me boats, you would feel no remorse banging my old tub of a rock or two, but you may leave the transom and motor behind. And your ol' boat will fair very well in my driveway, and there is beer for you when you come and visit it.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck Prop Works/ Bismarck Welding just have it fixed and be done with it those skeg guards just cause more damage the next time and you will be seeing them again.

How??? There are two bolts that hold it on. I hit a tree and it sheered the bolts and I lost the skeg guard but it saves my prop.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad put on one of those skeg guards. It caused all kinds of issues with the motor overheating. He had all kinds of people looking at it, even hauled it to Bismarck to get it worked on. Then the light bulb in his head turned on. The day he put that skeg guard on is the day the problems started. Took it off, problems went away. This was on an inboard 1850 Lund Tyee.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
OB lower units have skegs. I think a skag is something else. Kind of like boat trailers have winches, but once in a while they also have a wench to turn the winch.

Duely noted. It's still a cool Norse-sounding word.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 27
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11