Cabelas/Bass Pros "Bargain Cave"

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone noticed that since Bass Pro Shops took over Cabela's, the bargain cave has sucked for lack of better words? Used to get some really good deals on there.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep...i don't think i have bought a single thing from Cabelas since the BPS takeover. Probably has actually saved me some money i guess.

I forgot, i did get a warn vantage 3000 for half price this past fall.

Last edited:

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meaning it's not there anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of tackle in that building though

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meaning it's not there anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of tackle in that building though

I guess I was referring to the online bargain cave, which is still there, but there are no what I would call "deals"anymore, which is highly disappointing. Hmmm but what you said is interesting... So they no longer have the bargain cave sections in the retail stores?

Bucky

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't send out the catalog's like they used to, sure was nice to get the Cabelas Bible (Hard Cover) and look through it several times while sipping your favorite beverage. I do get a lot of emails, but that is not the same.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
back in the 90's b4 cabelas really blew up, they had a store in kearney ne that i used to go to alot... the whole thing was bargain cave, and that's where most of the bc shipping went out of in the early online days... wonder what ever happened to that... that store and the sidney store were the only 2 at the time i think - oh, and the old one downtown sidney where it all started... i think they started out just like scheels did with a hardware store and blew up from there...

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
back in the 90's b4 cabelas really blew up, they had a store in kearney ne that i used to go to alot... the whole thing was bargain cave, and that's where most of the bc shipping went out of in the early online days... wonder what ever happened to that... that store and the sidney store were the only 2 at the time i think - oh, and the old one downtown sidney where it all started... i think they started out just like scheels did with a hardware store and blew up from there...
I heard the Sidney or Kearney store would be the only store with all of the bargain cave return items. When I go through there next I’ll report what I find.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed that since Bass Pro Shops took over Cabela's, the bargain cave has sucked for lack of better words? Used to get some really good deals on there.
You now have to wait for sales and bonus club points days. Unfortunately the voucher promotions they do now are only good in the store only and the discounts are not as good. Sucks for us with Cabelas hours away. Free club shipping with $10 off is about the best deal a guy can get nowadays.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got the spring fishing catalog. Mostly bass stuff, no flicker shads?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't even considered spending cash at Cabelas since BPS took over, but it makes me sad to hear BPS is doing exactly what I knew they would do. I was hoping I was going to be wrong.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have the Cabela's Card. I just paid it off (an $80 purchase) for the last time. I may burn up what points I have this spring, and then use it for emergency only. I really don't go to Cabela's any more, and the past few times I've been there has been underwhelming, to say the least.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34