camper mattress

LakeTroutHunter

we bought a 5th wheel camper 5 years ago with a king size bed. The mattress was ok at best. Now it's a back breaker. What options are out there. Don't want to go to camper dealer. Is a king size camper mattress the same size as a standard bed? Thank you for your thoughts.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed, ours is going to be its 3rd season this year, mattress was fairly shitty from the get go. Buddy purchased a sleep number one for his camper, was quite expensive, but really nice.
We put a mattress topper on ours, still not the best.

Pay $$$$ for a high end camper and they put a homeless shelter bed in it.

Hope someone has some good advice on this.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the past we had 5th wheel toyhaulers and always went to either Sam's Club or a good mattress store and bought a regular king size mattress for ours. Just measure and make sure you have the room for it.
I need a good mattress also and darn good ones aren't cheap!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my mattress online through wilderness rv mattress only thing that sucks is mine is a short queen. Regular bed sheets don't work because the mattress is 2 inches shorter then a regular queen. Oh well mattress is way better then the one that was in there when I bought it. I have bought 3 mattresses online and have always had great success because of the outstanding warranties you get at a much better price then buying one in store. Yeah I'm one of those guys who likes to save money when I can.
https://wildernessrvmattress.com/

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mattress Factory, make to your needs and specifications

flyfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought ours at Zimmerman's in Bismarck. Vast improvement. Was around $300. Best camper decision ever.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many are shorter, but not all of them. We bought a new camper last year. and the first thing we did was go to Walmart and buy a queen size memory foam mattress for under $300. They have four inch foam covered with two inches of memory foam and very comfortable.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went with memory foam. Way better than the one that was in there

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve had pretty good luch with those memory foam ones that come in a box. Just measure

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As someone else mentioned, measure the one you have. You might think it's a king but often times the camper mattresses are shorter and true king might not fit if the bedroom slide slides in tight against a cabinet or wall like our last couple did.

What we did with our last three campers was bought a memory foam mattress topper, normally 2-4" thick which worked pretty darn good. If that wasn't enough, I normally found a copiuous amounts of adult beverages would normally do the trick for a good nights sleep at the lake, lol.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most mattress companies make size needed for campers, I did that years ago with Park Model no doubt they suck

LakeTroutHunter

thanks for the comments. looks like my first step is to get exact measurements.then check out custom made and box ones.not even sure if i can find the camper under the mountain of snow at 6 mile on devils lake.:mad:

Pedro

Established Member
Ordered one of the vacuum sealed jobs off Amazon. Fit good. Still no sleep number but after a couple dozen Busch lights and I sleep just fine on it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76