Car insurance company

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the way I was an Ag mechanic for 15 years and Facilities maintenance manager for 30 years. I take care of my stuff

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good one cat, I'm retired
I wondered if it was too sensitive of a subject to joke about - sounds like a crappy situation. But it was just too good to pass up!

Hope it gets figured out in your favor.....

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, all good cat. Funny thing is I was with State Farm before Nationwide, hind- sight 20/20 I should have stayed with them. Not, I heard they are just as bad and charge alot more

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not pulling the trigger just yet. Still waiting for BO parts at Eide and if there is anymore damage and maybe Eide will find something that proves lightning charge. Not dropping insurance till this is all said and done. A damn waiting game. I bought another 4x4 pickup to get me by till this is all done with so the waiting doesn't hurt so bad.
I would have zero confidence in Eide.....not sure you have much of a choice in this situation though....

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With the few claims i have had it seems there were issues that needed to be clean up with the adjustor before we settle and as i remember i won in all those issues.
It is just the way it is.
About four with NoDak over the last 25 years and in those cases, it was settled right away with no issues. You will just need to keep at it and maybe call the Insurance dept up in Bismarck. They try to just wear you done and hope you quit.

My last claim was against the other parties as they were at fault. His insurance said no way. Small claim court we went and in about one month they sent me a check for $1,800.
Maybe try. db

Last edited:

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well all, here is the latest on my pickup and insurance. Pickup is still at Eide waiting for an ABS module that has been BO for over 2 months. Stopped there yesterday to see what's going on. They checked on the part order and told me that there is one being expedited to the US on June 17th and no for sure that they will get it. Told me there was no after market one available ether. Asked what my options were and she said we have pickups on the lot for sale. Gave her the FUCK YOU look. As far as Nationwide they denied me again after I got 2 letters from both mechanics that worked on the pickup saying why they strongly believe that my pickup was struck by lightning (Nationwide said that was just an opinion) plus some articles off line that explains how this is possible. Took all my paperwork to the State Insurance Commision which turned out to be a total waste of time. Told me that all they do is check if Nationwide did anything illegal and they don't do any negotiating in the claim that I would have to take it to court. I am totally frustrated

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were with Western Insurance Agency (insurance brokers) for 40 years. The insurance we had thru them was Auto Owners (home,2 vehicles, camper and boat).

Noticed I said were and had.

Got the bill last month and they increased our premium $1400 a year with 0 clams.

Shopped around and went with Farmers Insurance. Better coverage and $200 more then Auto Owners was before the $1400 increase. Son has been with Farmers for quite awhile with 0 issues so far.

Anyone one else have Farmers? Any problems?

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a new Duramax in 2007. 17 years later I’m still paying the same amount for insurance as when it was brand new. How does this work?!!! It’s worth over half less than new but the insurance rate hasn’t changed. ive Been with this company for 23 years. I’m thinking about going somewhere else to get a new plan to lower the rates. Does anyone else switch companies every so often???

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if the response from the insurance companies would be different if it were an EV vs. gas or diesel?...popcorn...

Last edited:

Fordman

We were with Western Insurance Agency (insurance brokers) for 40 years. The insurance we had thru them was Auto Owners (home,2 vehicles, camper and boat).

Noticed I said were and had.

Got the bill last month and they increased our premium $1400 a year with 0 clams.

Shopped around and went with Farmers Insurance. Better coverage and $200 more then Auto Owners was before the $1400 increase. Son has been with Farmers for quite awhile with 0 issues so far.

Anyone one else have Farmers? Any problems?
my farmers insurance just raised my renewal rate for the house 1100.00 a year more. been with them for 11 years . Mine was with with metlife and then farmers took it over. Going to start price shopping .

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well all, here is the latest on my pickup and insurance. Pickup is still at Eide waiting for an ABS module that has been BO for over 2 months. Stopped there yesterday to see what's going on. They checked on the part order and told me that there is one being expedited to the US on June 17th and no for sure that they will get it. Told me there was no after market one available ether. Asked what my options were and she said we have pickups on the lot for sale. Gave her the FUCK YOU look. As far as Nationwide they denied me again after I got 2 letters from both mechanics that worked on the pickup saying why they strongly believe that my pickup was struck by lightning (Nationwide said that was just an opinion) plus some articles off line that explains how this is possible. Took all my paperwork to the State Insurance Commision which turned out to be a total waste of time. Told me that all they do is check if Nationwide did anything illegal and they don't do any negotiating in the claim that I would have to take it to court. I am totally frustrated
Isn't their slogan "Nationwide is on my side"? Sue them for false advertising, and take Peyton Manning down with them!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't read a post. Before any you vets buy the "USAA!!" bullshit; check out the Better Business Bureau rating and comments.

That is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 6