Carcass

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What do you do with them. I put mine on a little hill 150 yards from my kitchen window which makes it 1 inch high for my 22-250. More then one yote has died with a mouth full. Have a steel rod that I slip it over and if I don't draw tag I get some from my friends.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we lived on the farm we did the same thing. Had a rocky knob across the creek and many a dog died over there on that hill. Was 300-350 yards from the house.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When we lived on the farm we did the same thing. Had a rocky knob across the creek and many a dog died over there on that hill. Was 300-350 yards from the house.
better shot then me. ha ha

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
better shot then me. ha ha

Had one of our 22-250's dialed in to that distance setting by the back window of the house. Had a rest on the rifle so everything was rock solid. My bride even dusted off a few of them dogs! :;:rockit She wouldn't say there was one on the rocky knob you just heard the boom and then hear her laughing. :;:thumbsup

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a fella with cats.

He hangs them in a tree for the felines. Errr, his son hangs them in a tree for him...and bitches that I leave too much meat on them so they are heavy. I say I just shoot bigger deer than he does.

- - - Updated - - -

and I don't like neck meat...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a fella with cats.

He hangs them in a tree for the felines. Errr, his son hangs them in a tree for him...and bitches that I leave too much meat on them so they are heavy. I say I just shoot bigger deer than he does.

- - - Updated - - -
and I
don't like neck meat.

Hey we always said the coyote's have to eat too! :;:exactly
We hate neck meat too. :;:thumbsup

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hang the ones we get in a tree so the woodpeckers, tweety birds, and other feathered critters have something all winter to peck on that gives them fat and energy to make it through. By spring, the carcasses all weigh about 3 lbs and all the meat/fat is gone. I like to watch the tweety birds all winter as well, so that's a nice bonus too.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good ideas. If only I could get the wife to support it. Btw... can you bait yotes with a carcass like that?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As long as there are no traps involved I would think.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
But officer they must have drug it out of my garbage can!! :;:smokin The number of yotes I seen while deer hunting with my daughter was unbelievable. One day alone (when we had snow on the ground) we counted 12, 3 running across the same slough, but nothing close enough to shoot. ;:;banghead

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88