Favorite things that dont get talked about

NodakBob

Honored Member
Here's my favorite: Marbles No. 2, patented 1898. Blade is only 2-1/4" wide but as sharp as a knife. Great for butchering, even cleaned fish with it when I forgot a knife.

NodakBob

Honored Member
WIN_20230216_08_44_53_Pro.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
18"-24" long 1/2" drive breaker-bar utility. Keep one somewhere in your vehicle along with the proper sized socket for your wheel lug-nuts, maybe a few other sizes, like whatever size might remove a hitch-ball from a draw-bar/bumper. A buddy nick-named said tool a "Persuader".

3-4tn bottle jack also somewhere in a vehicle saves an awful lot of time vs. cranking up a scissor-jack.

Let another experienced driver drive your rig once and a while. They're not privy to the slow-burn wear items you don't notice. A shimmy in the wheel, improper alignment, tire imbalance, pulsing brakes, rattles and other noises you're accustomed to.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
18"-24" long 1/2" drive breaker-bar utility. Keep one somewhere in your vehicle along with the proper sized socket for your wheel lug-nuts, maybe a few other sizes, like whatever size might remove a hitch-ball from a draw-bar/bumper. A buddy nick-named said tool a "Persuader".

3-4tn bottle jack also somewhere in a vehicle saves an awful lot of time vs. cranking up a scissor-jack.

Let another experienced driver drive your rig once and a while. They're not privy to the slow-burn wear items you don't notice. A shimmy in the wheel, improper alignment, tire imbalance, pulsing brakes, rattles and other noises you're accustomed to.
Yup. I had a flat on the Angle gravel in the rain about 20 years ago.
SO now I have a long breaker bar with all the
necessary sockets. PU, boat trailer and utility trailer all take a different size. WTF? Also got a floor jack. And when I got my last PU the dealer said is there anything else we can do for you? "Drop the spare tire and please put it in the box." He had a dumb look on his face but did it. LOL

DakotaGreg

Established Member
You are going to have to explain that... I have a hatchet thats not been in my hand for years. What am I missing out on? I can see this might fit for a homesteader in alaska, but in Bismarck, I seldom have a need
I used mine last week to chip out my jack that froze to the lake. Break open ice holes, chip holes in early ice instead of packing an auger. Use as a hammer to pound in ice anchors. Cut lines in case you forget knife or clippers. Ive never used one camping though or backpacking. For camp firewood, i bring the milwaukee chain saw.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
not a hatchet guy but i carry a 2 foot camp ax in my vehicle at all times.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
McFadden lightning grip speed loader and ultimate clip loader. These two products work with quite a few different rimfires.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
TP in all vehicles, boat, etc.

It has been used in every situation you can think of, most recently a boating incident in which I had to shit over the edge while mrs johnr pleasantly looked the other way
NOTHING about that situation is pleasant.

NodakBob

Honored Member
Nobody talks about flashlights…I prefer Streamlite brand, AA batteries keep ‘em small and they WAAAY outperform my old triple D cell maglite.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A sharpie on the reloading bench/workbench might be my most important tool. It’s great at determining IF something is touching, WHERE something is touching, and HOW MUCH it’s touching. Brass, bullets, bolts, mounting screws, mounts, rings, recoil lugs off the top of my head.

Sandwich or Qt sized ziplock bags for test loads and/or sequestering brass by number of firings (well defined by aforementioned sharpie). When you’ve chosen the load, put all the test bags into the one you’re going to use. That way, when you get home you’ll know which one to replicate.

A post-it note in die boxes denoting what rifle they’re dedicated to, what they’re doing to the brass, where they’re seating the bullet in relation to chamber or mag-box dimensions.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
TP in all vehicles, boat, etc.

It has been used in every situation you can think of, most recently a boating incident in which I had to shit over the edge while mrs johnr pleasantly looked the other way
Sandwich or Qt sized ziplock bags for test loads. :ROFLMAO:

Touche' Risingsun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93