Founding Member
Do you have any green bean recipes ?
Nothing for fresh. I suppose the below could be adapted/modified:

Takes about 15min:

1 pot
Can of green beans
2 strips bacon
1/2 pat butter

Combine ingredients in pot and allow to boil covered until cover begins to vent.
Remove cover
Lower heat
Stir
Boil off 80%ish remaining liquid--stir occasionally--don't allow to scorch

Keep warm, discard bacon, serve.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
What??? DISCARD BACON???? I think there is special place in a lava lake for those who "discard bacon". If there isn't....there should be. Now repent thou heathen of the smoked side pork. Return to the fold ye pork prodigal son and bask in the radiance of bacon blessedness or burn upon the rack of hickory smoked despair. Thus endeth the lesson.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biscuits and Gravey.JPG

Love Biscuits and Gravy made in cast iron!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What??? DISCARD BACON???? I think there is special place in a lava lake for those who "discard bacon". If there isn't....there should be. Now repent thou heathen of the smoked side pork. Return to the fold ye pork prodigal son and bask in the radiance of bacon blessedness or burn upon the rack of hickory smoked despair. Thus endeth the lesson.
After all this cooking it's a flavorless mass. Nothing says you can't add some bits in the end. Oh--:p

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya that looks amazing please share the recipe
package of your favorite sausage (I use about 12 ounces of homemade), 1/4 cup flour, 2 1/2 cups milk, salt and pepper. With a good size pan you can double it up)

Brown the sausage, once brown add in the flour (do not drain off the grease), stir until combined with the sausage, gradually add milk while stirring, cook until a slight bubbling occurs.

Line the outside of your pan with what every biscuits you like (I spread a little butter around the outside of the cast iron where the biscuits will go) bake in a 350 oven until the biscuits are partially done, remove add in the sausage and gravy and finish in the oven until biscuits are done.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya that looks amazing please share the recipe
package of your favorite sausage (I use about 12 ounces of homemade), 1/4 cup flour, 2 1/2 cups milk, salt and pepper. With a good size pan you can double it up)

Brown the sausage, once brown add in the flour (do not drain off the grease), stir until combined with the sausage, gradually add milk while stirring, cook until a slight bubbling occurs.

Line the outside of your pan with what every biscuits you like (I spread a little butter around the outside of the cast iron where the biscuits will go) bake in a 350 oven until the biscuits are partially done, remove add in the sausage and gravy and finish in the oven until biscuits are done.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member

im confused, is the sausage in or out when it goes in the oven....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88