• Total voters

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t lump Nr in with sconis they are a breed of there own an inbreed

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your right I shouldn't assume that someone who starts a thread that is to change a non resident season is doing it because they hate hunting with them on the same opening weekend. But it appeared after the comment was made in your first post using some not so pleasant to the people they are intended for. Why call them "sconi" or "blueplater" if you didn't have feelings about them refer to them as nonresidents.

I think you must my point. The badlands are federal lands. My point was ND doesnt own them so it should be open to the entire public.

I'm flattered that you follow my comments enough that you know the intent of my posts. :cool:[/QUOTE]
glad you could feel flattered and sorry sconi and blueplater offend you.If you would read everything you would know that I don't even care if I carry my bow opening weekend.
I seen your point and understand have a pretty good grasp that grasslands are federal land, that's why one of the options was to not allow NR hunters the first two weeks. If NR aren't allowed to hunt it doesn't matter who the land belongs to the season isn't open for them. The whole point is do we as ND residents think it would be a good idea to try to change the season for nonresidents, to disallow them from hunting the opening two weeks, due to the pure fact that the area is over run with them during the opener. As someone mentioned possibly since they don't have an open season and chance at velvet is probably why we see the influx of MN and WI nonresidents(politically correct enough for you) As the poll has shown so far over 50% think it wouldn't be a bad idea to limit NR hunters opening weekend somehow, by saying private land only or wait 2 weeks.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

your missing the point but you seem to jump to conclusion and put words in people mouths all the time, this isn't about not liking NR or hunting in other states it's about if ND residents should get the first week or two to hunt without NR.

Your right I shouldn't assume that someone who starts a thread that is to change a non resident season is doing it because they hate hunting with them on the same opening weekend. But it appeared after the comment was made in your first post using some not so pleasant to the people they are intended for. Why call them "sconi" or "blueplater" if you didn't have feelings about them refer to them as nonresidents.

I think you must my point. The badlands are federal lands. My point was ND doesnt own them so it should be open to the entire public.

I'm flattered that you follow my comments enough that you know the intent of my posts. :cool:[/QUOTE]

So technically you're right, we don't own the federal lands but North Dakota does own the deer. Nobody is suggesting stopping people from enjoying the badlands and visiting them. They're simply stating if you want to hunt our deer these are the rules and they want to change the rules from where the currently are. Not saying I agree but there is a difference between those two things.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^I can appreciate that. I personally dont see a need to change it. If you hunt public land expect other hunters. I know they do a early opener on public for pheasant. But the number of hunters would be ridiculous and safety would be a concern. If there were that much competition and safety concerns for archery season I would agree on a change.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't hunt out west but I also may never get a velvet wt buck due to my Labor Day weekend being pretty much booked up every year. So if a velvet buck is the goal and is mostly the biggest draw of interest what about leaving the opener for NR the same but move the opening for Residents ahead 2 weeks into August? That would also benefit me and maybe give me a chance to harvest a velvet WT Buck. This also would have less impact on the additional out of state revenue that can be had over a 3 day weekend as well as those still traveling in state.
Just a spit ball thought so light me on fire if you want, I normally don't get too wound up for bow till October or till the weather starts to cool a little.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't have time to read through all the posts so maybe someone brought this up but why even let non-residents hunt mule dear in ND at all? It takes me 4 to 7 years to draw a mule dear buck rifle tag as a resident. The people that cry that non-residents deserve opportunity I don't agree. If it is so important to you to be able to hunt a state that has limited habitat and wildlife populations maybe you should move here. Now if we in ND had an over abundance of deer and wildlife and hunting access I wouldn't care.

ND gives out I think 1% of rifle tags to NRs. That is so irrelevant it isn't even worth mentioning. Most other states give out at least 10% of their tags to NRs. Hell, Wyoming gives 25% of their SHEEP tags to NRs. Colorado gives out up to 35% of their elk tags to NRs in most of their limited entry units. I just don't understand the hatred towards NRs and am extremely thankful that most states provide good NR opportunities. I'll be in Colorado chasing elk next week and in Wyoming in October chasing antelope. Thank goodness they don't screw the NRs.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND gives out I think 1% of rifle tags to NRs. That is so irrelevant it isn't even worth mentioning. Most other states give out at least 10% of their tags to NRs. Hell, Wyoming gives 25% of their SHEEP tags to NRs. Colorado gives out up to 35% of their elk tags to NRs in most of their limited entry units. I just don't understand the hatred towards NRs and am extremely thankful that most states provide good NR opportunities. I'll be in Colorado chasing elk next week and in Wyoming in October chasing antelope. Thank goodness they don't screw the NRs.

I believe he is referring to the 500 plus any bow tags for non residents

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Idk just searching around a little bit multiple states have made changes or restrictions to what nonresident can do whether it be having to hire a guide in New Mexico or needing a guide to hunt certain areas in wy, plus removing otc tags in a lot of states as well as huge price increases the last few years along with reducing allocation of tags not requiring an outfitter. not to mention all the new legislation being implemented or brought up in our surrounding states and provinces. I guess a lot of places are making changes or at least talking about them, I don’t think it hurts us to talk about making similar changes to benefit the residents of nd.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
That NR any deer bow tag is a steal at$270 . Honestly why not make it $500. It's over $600 for a NR deer tag in montana .

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the biggest problem is people posting pics of big bucks they kill on social media what do you expect when NR see big buck pics killed and the opportunity they have in ND one Facebook page I will call out personally is something or another and bulls what do you suppose it will be like in ND after everyone on internet sees all them pics. Just stupid in my opinion keep posting pics on internet and watch the leases and outfitters skyrocket

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the biggest problem is people posting pics of big bucks they kill on social media what do you expect when NR see big buck pics killed and the opportunity they have in ND one Facebook page I will call out personally is something or another and bulls what do you suppose it will be like in ND after everyone on internet sees all them pics. Just stupid in my opinion keep posting pics on internet and watch the leases and outfitters skyrocket
I agree social media and sites like this definitely add to the number of hunters, I am guilty as well, but I think it is inevitable. so do you think it is worthwhile to allow ND residents two weeks before NR can hunt?

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread is great. I cant help but notice a couple threads over everyone is talking about going over to blue plate land and hunting bears.

Hey Guys!

What do you think about pushing the MN bear season back 2 weeks for Non Residents? Too many damn NoDaks in the woods screwing it up for the locals.

Just saying...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread is great. I cant help but notice a couple threads over everyone is talking about going over to blue plate land and hunting bears.

Hey Guys!

What do you think about pushing the MN bear season back 2 weeks for Non Residents? Too many damn NoDaks in the woods screwing it up for the locals.

Just saying...

If it's apples to apples, I say go for it. I'd like to bear hunt some day, but I certainly wouldn't be pissed if MN residents got first stab. Fair is fair.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hey Guys!

Just saying...

I don't see that as anti North Dakota. The locals who put up with the bears deserve something. Maybe every state should do that for all species. I'm not advocating it, just thinking sort of out loud.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member

Hey Guys!

Just saying...

I agree. MN guys should get a stab first. NR still have plenty of time to go if they wish. Good hunting fellas!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33