Chick Fil a

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scours out the toxins; that's what you want.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great hangover gutbuster, then 3 hours later it's an ass buster

I miss that place every time I catch a little am headache. Couldn't help but think I may die after emptying that greasy bag but at least I wasn't hungover anymore.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why eat at burger time when I can drive another two blocks and go to big boy? In fact, might bet myself a hot 'n tot tonight.
Because a six piece chicken and a couple sodas run ya 30 smackers. Don't know how that place stays in buisness.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because a six piece chicken and a couple sodas run ya 30 smackers. Don't know how that place stays in buisness.
Two pizza burgers flying style and a hot n tot is all I need. If the wife is hungry we get 4 and some fries and gravy. I do have to say that the gravy has taken a few steps back over the years.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two pizza burgers flying style and a hot n tot is all I need. If the wife is hungry we get 4 and some fries and gravy. I do have to say that the gravy has taken a few steps back over the years.

had a good friend who worked there back in his high school days (late 80s), he drop an entire box of chicken into the dirty mop bucket, he picked it out, drained the water out of the box, then put it back into the freezer. His story made me laugh for a long time, then I got to thinking how many times have I eaten mop water chicken.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
The chicken at Big Boy (mop-water recipe or otherwise) is top notch. I generally have to head straight home though. I gnosh on a chunk or two, and by the time I hit south Bismarck, I'm in a hurry. I leave long looping skidmarks in the street, and my vehicle is in the driveway with the doors still open - chiming going.

'I'M IN THE CAN'

Have you ever seen a space-shuttle launch?

But, oh how I love that chicken.

The gravy has taken a step backwards, for sure.

The line at noon or five is enough to make me go all "Falling Down".

- - - Updated - - -

I've never eaten chicken there.

What was that medical term you used the other day..? Bubbly guts? Yeah, that was it... .

- - - Updated - - -

had a good friend who worked there back in his high school days (late 80s), he drop an entire box of chicken into the dirty mop bucket, he picked it out, drained the water out of the box, then put it back into the freezer. His story made me laugh for a long time, then I got to thinking how many times have I eaten mop water chicken.

I worked at Bonanza in the late 80's, in north Bismarck. All I can say is "I'm sorry..".

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Speaking of Bonanza ... I know a guy that used to wipe his ass with the potatoes ... throw em on the baked potato rack annnnnnd ... yup, served.

High school times ... so many dumb ideas.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was a bit hungover yesterday. I went to Burgertime and it was very satisfying. I always forget about the place but for fast food its pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Little Mogadishu haha
Hard to beat the bigger burger combo

- - - Updated - - -

i was a bit hungover yesterday. I went to Burgertime and it was very satisfying. I always forget about the place but for fast food its pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Little Mogadishu haha
Hard to beat the bigger burger combo

- - - Updated - - -

I ate a Popeyes for the first time a few weeks ago. There spicy chicken is way better than anything kfc has

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had Popeye's chicken, as well as Chik fil A out east. Both flavors put the smack-down on KFC, hands down.

I think that if the FDA did a grease analysis of those three franchises, the KFC report would have to go through the Environmental Protection Agency before the assessment could be made public. While I love fried chicken, I don't want it drench-fried from KFC.... so, I eat there maybe once per year.

Chik fil A is the best tasting chicken around.... However, they don't have purple cows on the menu! :;:exactly

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to Burger King yesterday (haven't eaten there in a long time).
Me: Yeah, gimme one of those extra long cheeseburgers, no sriracha though
Them: Okay, just one?
Me: Umm
Them: They're two-for-five-bucks today
Me: Yeah, better gimme two, thanks

Fast forward 2 hours. Bubbly guts.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I find interesting is the older I get, the more I realize how crappy most fast food really is.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What I find interesting is the older I get, the more I realize how crappy most domestic beer really is.

enhanced it for ya

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to beat the rotisserie chickens from Sams or Costco. Cheaper than a raw bird at the grocery and very good. (2 birds < $10)

Once we've dined on the carcass a couple times (with potatoes/sides) into a pot the carcass it goes with onion/celery.

Few hours later we let it cool, strain it, then pick the bones clean of meat and chunk that up. Chopped carrots, onions, and celery go back in broth for couple hours, then meat and noodles at the end. Incredible chicken soup for several lunches/dinners.

What a $$ stretcher. Which is important to us old people on fixed incomes. ;:;rofl

- - - Updated - - -

What I find interesting is the older I get, the more I realize how crappy most fast food really is.

I think it's seriously gotten worse over time. McDonald's/King's burgers used to resemble actual burgers. Hardees is most "realistic" of the big three IMO.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree. I have gotten to a point in my life where I feel I can pay an extra 2 or 3 bucks and go to wendy's, culvers, etc. and skip mccdonalds/burger king. I at at Mccdonalds about a month ago for the first time in about 2 years because I didnt have any other choices and couldnt even finish my meal. yuck

- - - Updated - - -

we get those chickens from sams alot. how the hell are they that big, that delicious, and that cheap is beyond me. I still like cheap domestic beer though. Dont see that changing anytime soon.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88