Christensen Arms

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody own one? I've always been curious. I'd really, really, really like to have some range time with one.

I'm trying real hard to talk myself out of this one in 300 PRC.

https://christensenarms.com/elr/

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why the PRC over a 300 win mag or 30 nosler ?

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Because I don't have one.

Same reason for the CA rifle. Yeah I could build one ...blah, blah..

Curious about these out of the box.

Last edited:

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because it's the new hotness
But also because it's "done right" for long range shooting.
300 Win Mag is more common, but that's about all it's got going for it. The cases are belted, and they're usually not throated or twisted to shoot heavy-for-caliber bullets.
The Nosler cartridges are reminiscent of Weatherby where it seems the only goal is to see how much powder can be stuffed into a case.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not shot a Christianson arms or a .300 PRC. I am of no further use on this thread good day I’m headed to the bay.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's the new hotness
But also because it's "done right" for long range shooting.
300 Win Mag is more common, but that's about all it's got going for it. The cases are belted, and they're usually not throated or twisted to shoot heavy-for-caliber bullets.
The Nosler cartridges are reminiscent of Weatherby where it seems the only goal is to see how much powder can be stuffed into a case.

Meh.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I haven't even seen one in a store to fondle.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody own one? I've always been curious. I'd really, really, really like to have some range time with one.

I'm trying real hard to talk myself out of this one in 300 PRC.

https://christensenarms.com/elr/

Brother has two friends that had feed issues and one had accuracy issues that never got resolved. Customer service was pretty shitty. Seems they are either hit or miss. I would not own one. As for the prc he built one last year and it hammers with the 212 hornady eldx he has some bergers but hasnt loaded them up this year.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just happy you started a thread.

That is all.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a friend with a rifle much like that in a 338 Lapua. He has a scope on it that cost as much or more than the rifle. We were shooting at 6 inch steel at 440 yards. Over two hours and two boxes of ammo he never touched that steel. There had to be something wrong with that rifle. I didn't have the heart to even joke around with him. I wanted to say I would rather be missed with a 338 than hit with a Creedmoor. Sure is a nice looking rig.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I handle the Christian arms at the store I didn’t think for the price that they were all that great. The carbon fiber barrels I don’t like either . I have yet to see a light weight rifle on the shelf at a store that I like .

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So your friend has a CA rifle that doesn’t shoot or he has an expensive rifle that he can’t get to shoot?

- - - Updated - - -

When I handle the Christian arms at the store I didn’t think for the price that they were all that great. The carbon fiber barrels I don’t like either . I have yet to see a light weight rifle on the shelf at a store that I like .

A Kimber Adirondack may change that. That rifle points itself

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
After my last kimber Montana I owned that will be the last production light weight rifle I ever buy. What a piece of shit that was. Didn’t shoot and the stainless steel on the barrel would rust so easy. It was a POS

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a friend with a rifle much like that in a 338 Lapua. He has a scope on it that cost as much or more than the rifle. We were shooting at 6 inch steel at 440 yards. Over two hours and two boxes of ammo he never touched that steel. There had to be something wrong with that rifle. I didn't have the heart to even joke around with him. I wanted to say I would rather be missed with a 338 than hit with a Creedmoor. Sure is a nice looking rig.

You didnt say or maybe you dont know if the rifle was even sighted in at 100 yds let alone shooting at something 440 yds away.

Maybe the guy is a piss poor shot.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
After my last kimber Montana I owned that will be the last production light weight rifle I ever buy. What a piece of shit that was. Didn’t shoot and the stainless steel on the barrel would rust so easy. It was a POS

I have 5 Kimber rifles in various models and calibers. Every single one shoots better than I do. I'm a huge Kimber fan!

Having said that I will say that my next "mountain rifle" will probably be either a NULA or a Barrett fieldcraft.

PS: Don't tell the wife...

This little thing intrigues me as well. https://christensenarms.com/ridgeline-scout/

Last edited:

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Ridgeline in 300WM & haven't had any issues with it very nice shooter, pretty loud with the muzzle break on it but you put the cap on instead & it's fine. Nice to carry in the mountains, Only issue (if you call it that) is for some reason it doesn't like once fired brass sometimes, I follow the same process I use on every other reload I do & sometimes the shell sticks in the pipe & I just can't figure out why. New stuff first time through the sizing die no problems. As far as the rifle it's awesome a little spendy but what isn't. Good luck you won't regret it

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Ridgeline in 300WM & haven't had any issues with it very nice shooter, pretty loud with the muzzle break on it but you put the cap on instead & it's fine. Nice to carry in the mountains, Only issue (if you call it that) is for some reason it doesn't like once fired brass sometimes, I follow the same process I use on every other reload I do & sometimes the shell sticks in the pipe & I just can't figure out why. New stuff first time through the sizing die no problems. As far as the rifle it's awesome a little spendy but what isn't. Good luck you won't regret it

I'd probably try the belted magnum collet die from Innovative Technologies and see if that solved your problem. The die will work with any .532" belted magnum case, basically everything belted you can think of that ISN'T based on the .378/.416/460 Wby case.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31