Cloudy headlights

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I use for hunting. The headlights are clouded over so the light from them is not that great anymore. I did put an aftermarket front bumper on and have lights on it; however having bright headlights also would really light things up. Is there anyway to make them like new again? I've seen products advertised on TV but would rather not take a chance.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried going to a junk yard and finding clear headlight covers to replace your old cloudy ones?? My jeep had the same issue before and that's what I did. Mine needs another set as we speak. Thanks for the reminder.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried going to a junk yard and finding clear headlight covers to replace your old cloudy ones?? My jeep had the same issue before and that's what I did. Mine needs another set as we speak. Thanks for the reminder.

Seems like they are usually in about the same shape or the same price as new.

- - - Updated - - -

I can vouch for this fix. Did wonders on my wife's old vehicle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AIZ5HY/?tag=nodakangler10-20

I will give this a try. Thanks.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are cloudy already the headlight restoration system is not going to work, I have tried it on a few sets, if they are getting pitted or just starting to get cloudy it will help restore them but full blown cloudy and sand blasted doesn't come out with the system from my experience, I would save the time and just buy a set off of amazon or e-bay, lots of good after market options now days as well.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use Mother's mag wheel polish. It's a little plastic jar of paste/putty that you can pick up at Walmart. It's actually made up of a super fine sand. Rub it on and buff it out. It'll clear up your headlamps. Works great for trigger jobs too!! Google it. It's great for a lot of things.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the kits don't work get on ebay. bet you can pick up new light assemblies for 25% of new or less. I have gotten three electric mirrors for chevy pickkups for $35-38. They wanted something like $375 at the dealer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76