Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My niece got a picture of one by McIntosh SD out of her tractor. Last year

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The ranchers south of town have all said the same thing, Shoot if we see one

Tinesdown

Not to de rail but people like ty stubblefield quitting once he got to know the inner workings and others who have left and then to have a chairman like Ryan Busse the true colors are showing. Backing people like Deb Haaland who wants to cut use and hunting acres any chance she gets sure seems counter productive to what they say they are doing.
Not sure about wolves but the coyotes do a number on the deer my ground needs alot more hunters an the electronic side. Sucks when u are liable huntig dogs. things have to change iv seen so many this year.(williams/mckenzie county nd every spot i kick a dog it is rediculose alot of em after i shoot on birds they are hunting birds from what iv seen then see one running 1/2 mile away they aint called willey coyote for nothing sprayed one down today with #six lead an just didnt phase em 30 yards. Only one i killed this year was during deer gun gun was it was big female awsome pelt but again am not a coyote guy was testing out the deer rifle i was on

Tinesdown

Gotcha. In any case I don’t think re-introduction of wolves in the prairie states would be popular with anyone. Nor would it accomplish anything at all and that’s why I’m not sure it’s even worth discussing. The parallel to ND is that we have opposite viewpoints and an uneducated public that can be steered to vote against the interest of outdoorsmen (and/or the ag business) based on emotions. Ballot box biology was one of the better ways I’ve seen it put.
Dont know where u hunt in nd but those dogs need some tampering down an it takes a good hunter with time to get a couple dogs in the pickup box i wish more people that are sufficient (killers of dogs) whould have time to hunt. In my area its bad the yotes run the hard packed snow. Given we dont have alot of snow now but tried to bird hunt today an was very crunchy loud couldnt get close to roostrers even with the strong nw wind sucked 60 yard hail maries is what it was bu they where in the cattails

Tinesdown

What a shit show some are up in arms some are loving it i personally would love to see animals restored back to somewhat of a homeground fuck them greedy ranchers in mt,/wy is quite sick when someone is so rich money wise an wont give a little back to the land that gave them so much in the first place.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really hope you are just running a 2005 phone, and not a full English-speaking keyboard.

Basic English textbook

1703923166093.png

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a shit show some are up in arms some are loving it i personally would love to see animals restored back to somewhat of a homeground fuck them greedy ranchers in mt,/wy is quite sick when someone is so rich money wise an wont give a little back to the land that gave them so much in the first place.-
Are you drunk and typings there are already plenty of wolves in both those states along with grizzly bears. So what are all those rich people supposed to give?

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Today's paper says they (idiots) air-lifted wolves to Isle Royale Island Nat. Parks to control moose, whom are eating too many Balsam Fir trees. Ever try controlling moose populations with controlled hunting. It would solve the problem with added income to the G & F without the expense of air-lifting. Tree-hugging biologists just don't get it!! Again....IDIOTS!!

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do recall it happening twice a few years back.

“A large canine taken by a coyote hunter early in January east of Hillsboro, N.D., in Traill County has been confirmed as a gray wolf. The hunter apparently shot the gray wolf, a protected species rarely seen in North Dakota, thinking it was a coyote. According to Gary Rankin, district game warden for the state Game and Fish Department in Larimore, N.D., the hunter called him after realizing the animal probably was too big to be a coyote. Rankin then picked up the animal.”

And also the one shot and left wounded near Edinburg:
“The day after dispatching the wolf, Freeman said he received a call from a man who said he'd shot the animal, thinking it was a coyote. Gray wolves are federally protected under the Endangered Species Act, but the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service isn't pressing charges, Freeman said.” That guy may have faced state charges though.

There was a wolf shot north of Jamestown a few years ago. A kid shot it. I saw the pics of it and know who the kid was. He got in trouble obviously but I don't think it was ever highly publicized

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this like getting rid of the all the wild horses in TR national park because they are eating all the grass?

I mean ruining the environment in the park.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure about wolves but the coyotes do a number on the deer my ground needs alot more hunters an the electronic side. Sucks when u are liable huntig dogs. things have to change iv seen so many this year.(williams/mckenzie county nd every spot i kick a dog it is rediculose alot of em after i shoot on birds they are hunting birds from what iv seen then see one running 1/2 mile away they aint called willey coyote for nothing sprayed one down today with #six lead an just didnt phase em 30 yards. Only one i killed this year was during deer gun gun was it was big female awsome pelt but again am not a coyote guy was testing out the deer rifle i was on
Learn to snare, be your own solution... Hunting them alone will never curtail there numbers.
IMG_20180113_155108828.jpg

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel bad for the rural living folks in Colorado, as it is they who will pay the bill for these predators being released and given complete protection. That protection produces animals that will lose their fear of man. Don't believe me, just watch the videos of coyotes attacking children and mountain lions stalking hunters and hikers. I don't give a damn what kind of critter you are or what group idolizes your existence. You threaten mama's chickens and you will meet your end. I won't ask nicely, I won't give you another chance, I won't pause for one second. I have a right to protect my land and livestock that came from Heavenly Father and not man. Period, The End, not open to discussion. To release these predators upon the livestock producers to appease a minuscule group of yapping idiots who deny reality and then prevent any action to protect the livestock is the greatest indication of the indifference their so called leaders have for their lives and families. JMHO though. Carry On!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84