Crazy Hunter Harassment Duck Hunting In North Dakota (Game Warden Involved!)

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems like there are more and more landowners like this guy every year. Can't understand the need to make a complete ass out of ones self. Wouldn't it have been way more productive to just go talk to them and see if they would mind a few more guys and decoys and offer them to hunt the corn as well? Seem's people miss a golden opportunity to make new friends just to be an arshole.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty standard move from non-local waterfowlers to set up right on the edge of a posted field between the water and where somebody else was going to hunt. Not surprised they would get a visit from the landowner, but definitely not an ass chewing like that though.
Holy hell man, either go talk civilly with them while they are setting up or wait until they are done, this video isn't going to do any good for hunters or landowners. He woulda fit right in in that video of the fishing cheaters...

NodakBob

Honored Member
We ran into a similar situation in the badlands two weeks ago. We were hunting plots land...the guy that leased the plots from the land owner wasn’t consulted before it was signed up into PLOTS and did not like the fact that we were there on his leased land...he lectured us on 100 topics for 45 mintutes before we could even get a word in...phsyco babble...we never went back

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
WOW, the farmer was way out of line and a total dick head about the situation at hand .

The following was posted on the video producers facebook page, If it's true, this confrontation probably could have been avoided.

"You were told to stay away from Jeff’s land in the first place when you got granted permission to hunt on the land you’re on. Don’t act like you weren’t warned or were innocent in all this!!!"

Bad situation all the way around but if it's true and the kid knew he was gonna get his ass chewed if the grouchy farmer came along he probably thought it would make for a great video.

Another FWIW , according to NDGF court records it's likely the video producer tried to get out of paying his fair share back in July and got caught.

Licenses To Hunt, Trap, Or Fish Required Of Nonresidents
Operation of motorboat without payment of aquatic nuisance species fee
Nice research!

This blue plater was indeed convicted in July 2022 for not having required licenses in ND. His case in this situation would have been much stronger if he had the sense to make 100% certain he was not touching or over the line. But sensibility is asking a lot from a blue plater.

Obviously the landowner is completely nuts. It's easy to come uncunted when dealing with Moronesotans on the wrong side of the Red River, but this individual appears to have some mental issues.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not sure i follow the "don't go near jeff's land" warning on facebook. i guess i wouldn't necessarily take the word "near" in that warning literally. i would just assume it would be akin to "don't be dumb enough to hunt on or trespass on his land" and not mean i could not set up next to it. for example, if i was pheasant hunting and got the same warning, i certainly wouldn't assume it meant i couldn't walk "near" the property line. i would just equate it to i better make sure i know where the fuck i am and don't be dumb enough to wander onto his stuff.

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would certainly think someone would recognize this guy and know his hame and where he lives or what is the closest town?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty standard move from non-local waterfowlers to set up right on the edge of a posted field between the water and where somebody else was going to hunt. Not surprised they would get a visit from the landowner, but definitely not an ass chewing like that though.
Holy hell man, either go talk civilly with them while they are setting up or wait until they are done, this video isn't going to do any good for hunters or landowners. He woulda fit right in in that video of the fishing cheaters...

How would they know he was going to hunt there? If the guy would have just came out and talked with them they could have hunted together. We had the same thing happen down here a few weeks ago and teamed up beat the geese down and made new friends.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would certainly think someone would recognize this guy and know his hame and where he lives or what is the closest town?
I would bet someone on here knows who he is. This guy eats dicks for breakfast it seems and pretty sure whomever does know him and has seen this video is embarrassed for knowing this ass hat.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ran into a similar situation in the badlands two weeks ago. We were hunting plots land...the guy that leased the plots from the land owner wasn’t consulted before it was signed up into PLOTS and did not like the fact that we were there on his leased land...he lectured us on 100 topics for 45 mintutes before we could even get a word in...phsyco babble...we never went back

It seems that more and more nowadays renters are inserting hunting rights into their rental agreements. They are probably getting it in many agreements simply because more and more the actual landowners don't live anywhere near the land itself, hence they just don't care.

Depending on my mood at the time, I may have just told him his problem is with the landowner and he needed to leave.

People are so turfy nowadays over the land access it really has taken a toll on one's outdoor experience.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The farmer stated that this was not a section line so I believe there would be no easement
If it's not a section line I believe it is correct that there is no easement. However, there is a property line. I sometimes work for a farmer and it is sometimes confusing where the actual line is at. It seems that it is determined by who gets there first to do the seeding. For someone coming in it is reasonable to assume that one owner had the corn field and the other the bean field.
On the other side, had it been me I would have made sure the blind was clearly on the bean field. Can't imagine placing it a foot or two closer to the decoys was going to make any difference. I'm also sure I wouldn't expect anyone to come that unglued about some grass overlapping the edge of the field. Too bad his grandkids weren't there to witness their grandfather go postal.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds just like the dickhead that lives SW of Wishek, wanted to charge me 50 dollars for a pheasant that my then 13 year old son shot on crp and landed right at the fence line, told me he was going to call the warden told him I have his number and could use my phone. I later heard that he got into some trouble for charging people to hunt on other people's land. And gave a warning shot at some other hunters hunting on land that wasn't his.
Actually looked and acted like the dick on the video, didn't realize he had moved to the New Rockford area

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
How would they know he was going to hunt there? If the guy would have just came out and talked with them they could have hunted together. We had the same thing happen down here a few weeks ago and teamed up beat the geese down and made new friends.
Lol that looks like a great guy to hunt with

I thought I heard the kid say at one point that they thought the other hunter's were going to hunt on the other side of the corn field, maybe misheard, not blaming the kids at all. The farmer is an ass.
Legal or not, they should have set their decoys up a little further away from the line IMO.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The landowner actually said just that. If the hunters who were scouting the night before would have went and talked to the landowner who was also watching the birds from the other side things would have been different.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The landowner actually said just that. If the hunters who were scouting the night before would have went and talked to the landowner who was also watching the birds from the other side things would have been different.
So why couldnt he have talked to them in the morning they were not the ones throwing a shit fit. Why didnt he drive over and talk to them if it was that big of deal to him? Guy is a grade a cock bag

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why couldnt he have talked to them in the morning they were not the ones throwing a shit fit. Why didnt he drive over and talk to them if it was that big of deal to him? Guy is a grade a cock bag
That's exactly what I was saying to myself when the old guy was having a breakdown....communication is a two-way street in this case.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am not sure i follow the "don't go near jeff's land" warning on facebook. i guess i wouldn't necessarily take the word "near" in that warning literally. i would just assume it would be akin to "don't be dumb enough to hunt on or trespass on his land" and not mean i could not set up next to it. for example, if i was pheasant hunting and got the same warning, i certainly wouldn't assume it meant i couldn't walk "near" the property line. i would just equate it to i better make sure i know where the fuck i am and don't be dumb enough to wander onto his stuff.

It was part of about half a dozen posts that got deleted before I could finish reading them. There was one or two pissed off people from that area who were either involved in one way or another or knew someone who helped the blue platers with a place to hunt. From what I saw, they were explaining some pretty interesting key points but they got deleted before I could grasp it all.

The only good that will ever come out of this video all goes to one youtuber for a little extra fame and fortune. 37,000 views in 24 hours , whatever that's worth $$$. Farmer was way out of line , Old enough to know better too . The kid, still being wet behind the ears , i'll let off easy for thinking what he got was good footage! It does nothing for promoting the sport.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was part of about half a dozen posts that got deleted before I could finish reading them. There was one or two pissed off people from that area who were either involved in one way or another or knew someone who helped the blue platers with a place to hunt. From what I saw, they were explaining some pretty interesting key points but they got deleted before I could grasp it all.

The only good that will ever come out of this video all goes to one youtuber for a little extra fame and fortune. 37,000 views in 24 hours , whatever that's worth $$$. Farmer was way out of line , Old enough to know better too . The kid, still being wet behind the ears , i'll let off easy for thinking what he got was good footage! It does nothing for promoting the sport.
He was hunting with the guys from the smakem crew so I’m sure they are the ones who had it lined up. They are from North Dakota. They are some killers and do it right from what I have seen and heard. The thing the video eliminates is the he said she said. I saw the same fb post and there is a TikTok also. The main commenter is the guy screaming kid. The video is proof the farmer was 100 percent in the wrong.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 19
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 5