Damn Wind!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The worst part of ND for me is this damn wind. Just spent the last hour picking up garbage around the neighborhood. These new fantastic recycling bins are tipping over and we have cans and milk jugs all over the place. Neighbor had some siding blow off the house too. Gets old in a hurry.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully my garbage bin blows away. I have some dead minnows at the bottom that will not come out with the water hose. It's a quick open and close with these hot days.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone hear of a fire up in McKenzie county? Saw a picture on FB but no information.

11149538_669948999783543_3818667630331179515_n.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Speaking to the choir. Built a new house 2 falls ago ... out in the country ... with ZERO trees. Not my brightest idea. Shingles, siding, soffit, and facia replacements are driving me nuts. Just looked outside and I have a few shingles to tar back down.

Fast growing trees are a must for this year.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully my garbage bin blows away. I have some dead minnows at the bottom that will not come out with the water hose. It's a quick open and close with these hot days.

I need to get my large minnow tank up and going.....I had minnows in a bucket last week, with the aerator running, in the garage, and the water started to smell just a little. Apparently my wife thought it smelled way worse than I did and decided it would be a good idea to set the bucket outside in the driveway for 3 days (without the aerator) while I was out of town. Ended up finding a dumpster to throw that baby into. Could have knocked a buzzard off a gut wagon with it.

- - - Updated - - -

These fires are a pain. If anyone has volunteer firemen working for them, and you know they've been out all night, consider sending them home for a little sleep. I know some of the fire departments around Bismarck and out towards Mott have had some long nights. Sounds like it's going to be a bad year for fires.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
These fires are a pain. If anyone has volunteer firemen working for them, and you know they've been out all night, consider sending them home for a little sleep. I know some of the fire departments around Bismarck and out towards Mott have had some long nights. Sounds like it's going to be a bad year for fires.

And it's not looking like rain for a while yet. Not a decent chance anyway ...

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it rained this morning but the rain dried up before it hit the ground! :rolleyes:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know folks are bored when they dig up a 4-year-old thread about how windy it is in North Dakota.

That's like resurrecting a debate how wet the ocean is.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weird, but here we are 4 years later and its still windy in ND....... I guess thats pretty neat

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

Four years later, and if the wind is right, I can still smell your garbage can.

There's little worse than sumertime, and a jet-black dumpster full of diapers, IMHO. Every few weeks, in goes a gallon of bleach, and then lay the dumpster on it's side, and pressure wash the heck out of it.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

There's little worse than sumertime, and a jet-black dumpster full of diapers, IMHO. Every few weeks, in goes a gallon of bleach, and then lay the dumpster on it's side, and pressure wash the heck out of it.

What size diapers do you wear? Im thinking about coordinating a group buy from China...
W

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

So too, have my minnows been replaced by diapers.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member

Dave Bender. Can Clean. Summertime he sets up to come by once a month and they do a great job. Worth their weight in gold if you're not a big fan of horendous smells; ie diapers, minnows, fish guts.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
What size diapers do you wear? Im thinking about coordinating a group buy from China...
W

Thanks Bud, this made me morning. I about choked on my coffee.

I weigh about 185, but I doubt I could produce more than 2 lbs at a time, and that's after an All-You-Can-Eat, at Skippers.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
simple bleach and water slosh takes care of stinky cans

All you need to do is dump a 5 gallon bucket of water with a cup or two of bleach in it over your garbage the night before they pick it up, truck will take the whole mess with them in the morning, assuming most of your garbage is in bags and you are using those containers the trucks pick up and dump automatically.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76