Damn Wind!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes - the vapors in the headspace seem to knock the odor down in the entire container if the lid closes halfway decent

a day or two of bleach also works great on those “aw crap, I forgot about emptying the cooler last weekend” moldfests

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Am I the only one who hoards grocery bags to use for shitty diapers so the trash can doesn't stink?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i do the bleach thing too. try to get some on the sides. but, i don't think its necessary. as guy says, the vapor seems to be enough.

and yes on the grocery bags for diapers. but, it still permeates through quite a bit.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
59A88DEB-3386-476C-B9CE-1C6615DFB3D3.jpg
We got this and still find ourselves locking them up in grocery bags and outside they go, this one's just used for #1 diapers..
Should have went the genie way like I figured.
(4-5 year old threads are past their statute of limitations of derailment I'd say..) ha

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dave Bender. Can Clean. Summertime he sets up to come by once a month and they do a great job. Worth their weight in gold if you're not a big fan of horendous smells; ie diapers, minnows, fish guts.
This is peak suburban dad

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is peak suburban dad

Oh absolutely! I don't want to waste time with bleach and water in the garbage can, when the lawn needs to be taken care of! It takes me enough time to slip into my jorts, lace up the white New Balances, trim the pristene green in that just-so-righ pattern. Then I have to kick back with Chad (neighbor) and enjoy a crispy boy while putting burgers on the grill with Jimmy Buffet in the background

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had to keep a garbage can in a confined space, like the garage, I'd be more concerned about the smell.

As it stands, we have an outside location that allows it's unique funk to blow wherever the wind takes it. Ideally to the south where our shitty neighbor lives.

I get a certain sense of satisfaction knowing that, with a good northerly, she may have to partake in the olfactory assault of dog feces, rotting game carcasses, putrified grocery goods, or a combination thereof.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i hate those diaper genies. they still stink. then the genie takes on a stink of its own that was virtually impossible to get rid of. the stainless ones might be better i guess.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
There can't be very many smells worse than minnows left in a bucket for an overly extended period of time in the summer... Oofda.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to trap and drown out gophers out at grandpa and grandmas farm when I was a wee lil lad and we would fill the cubby holes in the back of the 3 wheelers with gophers. Well, one time we forgot about them and went and opened it weeks later, what a smell and sight of swimming maggots I tell ya.. Have a good lunch!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a friend go fishing last weekend only to find a maggot encased walleye he missed from the weekend before in one of his live wells! :bigpuke: That's him puking over the side of the boat. ;:;rofl

Magpie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chew spit bottle left in a tractor cab since last year. I made the mistake of opening it. Rotting corpses would be considered an air freshener.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83