Darn Good Huntin' Dog needs a home

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posting this for a good friend of mine and can personally vouch for this dog. I've hunted behind him in Idaho for my first Chukars and for Huns. Damn fine animal!!! I'm not a pointer guy or I would take him myself. A proven performer in the field and in the home.

gunner1.jpggunner.jpggunner2.jpg

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]To those who peruse the wild places;[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I have an almost 2 year old German Wirehair that needs a new home.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]He's been a GREAT hunting dog so far. He's AKC papered and still[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]intact under the name Gunnar der Berg Konig (Gunnar the Mountain[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]King). He hunts chukar, huns, quail, doves, sharp-tails, pheasants,[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]and ducks. He's been in a layout goose blind once. I've also done a[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]little blood tracking training with him.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]He has a LOT of drive. A good search pattern. A very soft mouth. A[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]great nose and is great with kids (I have a 1 and 3 year old). He's[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]been exposed to house cats and doesn't appear aggressive towards them,[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]but I don't own one myself. He's very quick; he's killed 4 squirrels[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]in the yard this year. My only critique is that he needs work on his[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]point. He had a stellar performance in the NAVHDA Natural Ability test[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]at 10 months and would have brought home a prize if he would have[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]given a better point.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]If you know of anyone looking for a FANTASTIC DOG, please pass on my[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]info. My wife leaves Mountain Home, ID on June 20th and he needs to be[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]re-homed before then. Email is preferable due to the time zone[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]difference (I'm 16 hours ahead of Mountain Time).[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I have been in denial these last few weeks. My job has taken me to[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Okinawa and I'm only now admitting to myself that bringing my dog to[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]the island wouldn't be fair to him. There's no place to hunt, no place[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]to run, too many people, and too much jungle. In other words, the only[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]open space is the ocean.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I'm asking $1,000 but will consider any good home & legitimate offer.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I can be reached at sagegrouse21@gmail.com or 208-591-3922[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Carl "Shotgun Celibate" Rudeen[/FONT]

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
$1000 sounds awfully cheap for a 2 yr old dog with that rap sheet. Hope you find him a good home.

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn if i didnt have a pup that i was training at home right now i would be all over that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, feel for ya...what a tough deal,good place as any right here to find a home for gunnar.I'll repost on another outdoor site here in Mn if you don't mind.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This dog is well worth the asking price IMO and is just now hitting his stride. Thanks for the offer snow. I would sure like to see this dog placed in a good outdoor minded home.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot have a dog here until we close sometime in November or I would take him right now. As much as I am dissapointed in being unable to help; I feel more sorry for the owner having to give him up, lot of dedication and work to get a dog to that point.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
holy crap, this dog looks like it could be my dogs twin. Did he come out of a breeder from eastern Montana?

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, makes my heart hurt for your friend kdm I,m working some people to see if they would want this fine dog.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could always use one more Ugly Dog in the household...

Now just how to convince the wife a third GWP is a good idea when we're about to have a newborn.

Hmmm....

IMG_1574.jpg

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM,If the dog is still available I have a guy that's birdie and wants more info,also is there away to meet somewhere inbetween Mn AND Idaho?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM,If the dog is still available I have a guy that's birdie and wants more info,also is there away to meet somewhere inbetween Mn AND Idaho?

Thanks for the help snow. The contact info is in the OP so your interested party can contact the present owner and hopefully they can work it out. I don't know if the dog has been adopted yet, so my suggestion is for this person to contact the owner ASAP. Thanks again Snow!!!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah,I called the phone# and got a business voice mail and sent a email,not a pointer guy but if Iwas this would be the pup!Hope it works out.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honoring. I luv it

It's definitely fun...but this particular trip it was almost a hindrance. All our dogs were being so obedient, they literally were point-back-back-backing every time one stopped for a half second on scent -- even on a flash point. A bit herky-jerky, but it sure made for purdy pictures!

And there was a rooster pinned in front of my boy Blitz in that picture. It flushed and took a hard right by my dad...who whiffed on three shots.

Dogs were not impressed.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah,I called the phone# and got a business voice mail and sent a email,not a pointer guy but if Iwas this would be the pup!Hope it works out.

I'll let my buddy know there are folks trying to call the # and having problems. Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely fun...but this particular trip it was almost a hindrance. All our dogs were being so obedient, they literally were point-back-back-backing every time one stopped for a half second on scent -- even on a flash point. A bit herky-jerky, but it sure made for purdy pictures!

And there was a rooster pinned in front of my boy Blitz in that picture. It flushed and took a hard right by my dad...who whiffed on three shots.

Dogs were not impressed.

So if you knock a bird down, does only one dog bring it back or is some bird reassembly required by the time 4 dogs bring in their piece of the rooster??

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Idk in our case the one who pointed first stayed with it and retrieved the other one would move up and be next to point. It's when one doesnt pay attention and. Blow through a point that was frustrating

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55