Dealer recommendations for a kicker?

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blakes Marine in Devils Lake does a good job. But they are a dealer and dealers usually don't wheel and deal on their prices much for shop work. As for a Trollmaster, if you have your kicker connected to your big motor for steering they're a definite must if you troll much at all and are fussy about your speed. If you're planning on using your kicker without it being attached to the big motor and are using the throttle/steering provided by the kicker then they're not that necessary.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might be a little out of the way but at least gives you a price to compare against. Skeeter Boat Center (Ramsey, MN) advertises Yamaha T9.9 for $3k plus $200 for tiller installation or $950 for remote installation. Here is the link: http://www.skeeterboatcenter.com/Specials.aspx?levelId=12

SBC_kickers.jpg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Island marine that's it!
Oh and get a 25".

esoxpirate

I wouldn't trust Revolutions to put air in my boat trailer tire. Check out Tufte Marine in Northwood.

I also vote for Tufte Marine in Northwood. Afer having my gas tank stolen out of my boat, and then bad service with Revolutions, I have learned my lesson.

Esox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just depends on the size of your boat I guess, you can probably get by with a 20.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking to get a Yamaha kicker put on my boat along with a trollmaster controller.

Not super excited about revolutions up here in GF and not against driving to Fargo or Devils Lake to have it done.

Any good recommendations? I've called around to a couple places, all are pretty close in price, more looking for reviews on service/rigging/whatnot.

I was very pleased with the service and price of Doug's Anchor & Marine in Watertown, SD. I have a Yamaha kicker, tie-in bar with the big motor, electric trim, and Trollmaster hooked up for less than I could buy the damn thing in Bismarck. Of course, I also bought the boat there and everything installed at the time of purchase, but still.... they did it for not much more above their own cost. Two thumbs up!

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doug's Anchor Marine in Watertown did some work for me when I lived there, and my dad had them install a T8 on his boat when he came to visit. I think they're a decent outfit. They have a listing on their website for about $4k+tax for a T9.9 or Merc ProKicker installed.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Call jeffs sport shop in Minot if your willing to travel. Same day service and excellent work. Used to be a dealer retired and just does service work now.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I've read a lot of good things about the Suzuki too, but the anal part of me wants to match my big motor...:;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51