Deep Fryer Oil Disposal

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gaywhofishes, just dump it in the red.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't know why one of the recycle centers wouldn't take this oil. Try contacting one of the quick lube places. I dispose my used engine oil at any one of the gas or quick lube stations that change oil. My understanding is they have to take it. Try it with your used cooking oil. Only drawback for them may be the smell?? It all burns. They resell it for that purpose.

Most convenient for them is to bring it in gallon+ jugs and just drop it off. They can pour it in the "holding tank" when they have time and even get rid of your jugs for ya. Hopefully they will take it.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dam, I wish I lived close to all of you guys! I use about 50 gallons a fall baiting bear and I have a hard time getting that much. The local DQ lets me take a little out of their dumpster but don't think I am really suppose to as it is picked up regularly. I can buy chocolate infused oil in 55 gallon drums but shipping is a killer.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always just dumped it in the fire pit a little at a time over the night.

scarecrow

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1 for dumping it back in original container and throwing it in regular garbage pickup

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
I throw it in the alley. When the scraper comes over it, it appears to look paved. The city gets this benefit for free.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pour some on my charcoal chimmney, would be a good fire starter on kindling, pourded on campfire, poured some down the drain with a Dawn chaser, a la Johnr and have send it back to dump. It will last longer if you can filter it. Someone once told me to fry a couple taters, sliced up to absorb oders but have never tried it.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use it as an accelerator for the campfire when our dive group goes camping!!!

PB270122.jpg

PB270123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These 2 pics that I posted are full screen sized when I open them on my computer, but are only about 20% in my post. Why???

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put it in with my used motor oil and give it to the local co-op for there furnace.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74