Something Positive For a Change.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like once again, the negative in our little outdoors world is taking the spotlight, so I wanted to share something positive.

A few weeks back our group, Prairie Grit Outdoors, brought two adaptive hunters on an antelope hunt in Wyoming. As we pulled up to the ranch we had permission to hunt on, we were optimistic to say the least. On the way in we had seen hundreds of antelope and even got an up close and personal experience with a couple of "yard bucks."

View attachment 7M5A8136.jpg

Our land owner, Jim, was everything you would expect out of a Wyoming rancher. He expressed to us his gratefulness to be able to be a part of what we are doing. Jim's philosophy is, "god has given this amazing ranch to our family and it is my job to share it with others". He and his family not only gave us free range of their property, but also gave us advice on where to start our search.

411A2846-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

After talking to the rancher, we decided to split up and set up two pop-up blinds near water holes. Very shortly after getting set up, we had a dominant, but not giant buck work his does in to the waterhole. Though he was a good buck, the hunter I was with, Ben, decided he wanted to get the most of his experience and see what the next day had to offer.
7M5A8686.jpg

Little did we know, that our second hunter, Hailey, was having an awesome encounter with another great buck. As we sat watching our goat bully every other buck in the field, we heard a shot ring across the prairie and we knew it would just be a matter of time before our phones started to ring.

To say we were excited is an understatement. This is only Haileys second year hunting and she has made the most of every opportunity.

image000000.jpg

After the first hunt we decided to go out for a celebratory supper. Everything was going great until Hailey found out what here Rocky Mountain Oysters were.
IMG_2980.jpg

Day two happened really fast. On the way into the blind for the morning, we came across an absolute brute of a pronghorn. After a brief discussion, we decided to put a move on him.

Our trip to Wyoming was one to remember. The memories and experiences we are able to not only have ourselves, but more importantly share with our hunters is something I wish everyone could be a part of at least once in their lives.

411A3328-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg
411A3541-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too much Awesomeness there. Congratulations to both hunters.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There is still good people out there, just getting harder to find. LB

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would love to hunt Wyoming at least once in my life, great post NPO_Aron(y)
I hunted there personally for the first time this year. I drew an antelope tag with 1 point and hunted the public. There was a lot of pressure, but it was fun and I punched my tag first day.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great post! Thanks for sharing. Hilarious look on her face, in the restaurant. I have three daughters, and I would absolutely have them try them!

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love everything about this. Great storytelling.
Thanks for sharing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88