Deer Feeders

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perfect, I have a good idea as to what your talking about but pictures are easy to tell exactly.. Ha

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
About $70 total cost for both. Plus $15 for two rechargeable batteries.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a crab apple tree in my front yard that I think is not going to make it another year. The thing I don't like about it is it has crab apples about two inches in diameter. Surprising they don't taste to bad. However, it leaves me with four five wheelbarrow loads of apples to clean up every fall. Anyone need apples your welcome to them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have a clever "anti-cow" technique for PVC gravity feeders? Like a guard at the opening that big fat cow noses can't get through? I suppose their two foot long tongues would defeat that?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have a clever "anti-cow" technique for PVC gravity feeders? Like a guard at the opening that big fat cow noses can't get through? I suppose their two foot long tongues would defeat that?

Wood posts in a triangle with split rails about 2.5 ft up leaving about 6-7 ft of space (just enough for a deer to stand comfortably without a rail hitting them in the azz but a cow would be stuck). Deer can easily duck under the rails or jump them, but fat cows can't or are very reluctant to do the same. Assuming you don't have young stock to deal with, it works pretty well and doesn't break the bank or take weeks to put together.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
About $70 total cost for both. Plus $15 for two rechargeable batteries.

Ahhh, you painted them camo? How are the deer going to see them to find them?

That is the only problem I see otherwise they look good to go. Also thanks for posting pics.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14