deer rifle results are out

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's not exactly how it works as I personally know people who draw second choice unit buck tags where there are far more first choice applicants then tags available.

Well yeh fine but u just validated my point , there are guys drawing buck tags second choice !

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well yeh fine but u just validated my point , there are guys drawing buck tags second choice !

Never said there wasn't, but all antlered tags were issued in the 1st drawing. Near as I can tell they draw names and go on down through your app until they find something that still available. In 2f1 for example there are way more applicants then antlered tags available yet some people drew this tag as a second unit choice while others selected as their 1st choice and were turned down.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't the same work for bow hunters if they NDGF went to a one tag system? They could still hunt with a bow every, maybe

For all you muzzy guys complaining. Why not put in for Muzzy Doe or just use your muzzy during regular rifle? You could literally hunt with a Muzzy every year if you want.

Sorry its just tough to feel sorry for guys who put in for muzzy buck and badlands Muley buck every year and refuse to even look at any other possibility. I guess its easier to just complain.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muzzy Whitetail Buck Statewide - Successful (7 points, last time had a tag was 2009)
Rifle Muley Buck 4C - Unsuccessful (6 points, last time had tag was 2010)
Archery Any Deer Statewide - Have the tag already, and so can any other resident that wants to bow hunt!!!!

So 2 out of 3 ain't bad..... I think I have waited plenty of time to muzzleloader or gun hunt in ND and don't feel bad one bit that I have 2 tags. I also didn't feel too bad the last 6 years when I didn't have a tag with the rifle or muzzleloader, i knew my chances were slim to none to draw a tag without getting points built up.

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
how would you feel if you were not a bow hunter and went 6 to 7 years without a buck tag?
Muzzy Whitetail Buck Statewide - Successful (7 points, last time had a tag was 2009)
Rifle Muley Buck 4C - Unsuccessful (6 points, last time had tag was 2010)
Archery Any Deer Statewide - Have the tag already, and so can any other resident that wants to bow hunt!!!!

So 2 out of 3 ain't bad..... I think I have waited plenty of time to muzzleloader or gun hunt in ND and don't feel bad one bit that I have 2 tags. I also didn't feel too bad the last 6 years when I didn't have a tag with the rifle or muzzleloader, i knew my chances were slim to none to draw a tag without getting points built up.

bowhunter12

Founding Member
Founding Member
how would you feel if you were not a bow hunter and went 6 to 7 years without a buck tag?

Try different units that have better odds or I would start to hunt different states (MT, MN, SD to name a few). There is typically some doe tags available after the first draw as well.

How would YOU feel if you drew a muzzy and rifle tag in the same year after waiting 6-7 years for them? I suppose you'd send one back? Doubt it. You would be happy as heck.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

If I had to wait that long I would learn to bow hunt or go out of state. If some one wants to hunt the only person stopping them is them selves.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It never ceases to perplex me that, in a state so ripe with wild game, guys come off as simply giving up because they don't get the chance to chase ONE of the native species.

Good God...I'm completely ADHD when it comes to hunting season: Early goose, to doves, back to early goose, throw some sharpies in the mix, ooo huns...yes please, to duck opener, to field goose hunts, to field duck hunts, to a water hunt or two, then maybe chase pheasants, whoops better try bow hunting a bit, welp the dogs need work so we'll shoot some more ducks, ponds are froze so now I'll chase pheasants, crap forgot about my bow tag, shoot an archery deer, sweet venison is stocked so back to pheasants, hey coyotes are out better make a stand...woah it's January already?! That went quick.

Where there's a will, fellas, there's a way.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It never ceases to perplex me that, in a state so ripe with wild game, guys come off as simply giving up because they don't get the chance to chase ONE of the native species.

Good God...I'm completely ADHD when it comes to hunting season: Early goose, to doves, back to early goose, throw some sharpies in the mix, ooo huns...yes please, to duck opener, to field goose hunts, to field duck hunts, to a water hunt or two, then maybe chase pheasants, whoops better try bow hunting a bit, welp the dogs need work so we'll shoot some more ducks, ponds are froze so now I'll chase pheasants, crap forgot about my bow tag, shoot an archery deer, sweet venison is stocked so back to pheasants, hey coyotes are out better make a stand...woah it's January already?! That went quick.

Does your wife have a sister? asking for a friend.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were not a bow hunter , I would apply for tags in high % units like whitetail units out west and get a tag every year , years I didn't draw a buck I would buy a leftover doe and hunt it with my muzzleloader . There's options .

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member

Couldn't have said it better. I'm the same damn way!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone get their tag in the mail yet? Haven't received mine yet. Does that take them another couple months? I'm impatiently waiting......;:;boozer

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got mine and my wife's last thursday. Brother got his as well.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago (before checking online was a thing) I received my tag/license envelope in mail, cut envelope open and saw what I drew and left it in envelope until early a.m. opening day. Right before I left for drive to my unit I pulled my tag/license out of envelope and somebody else's was stuck to the back of mine! I happened to be driving through the town on the way to where I was hunting so I stuck the tag/license in the guy's screen door probably about 5:00 am or so...

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sons got their tags on Thursday as well as did my friend, have not got mine yet so just checked the mail all that was in there was the damn MDU bill. After reading the above post getting a bit nervous

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
My sons got their tags on Thursday as well as did my friend, have not got mine yet so just checked the mail all that was in there was the damn MDU bill. After reading the above post getting a bit nervous

Dont worry , you'll get it . I know several people that haven't received theirs yet

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34