devils lake advice

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate to admit it but this is the latest into soft water season that I have ever fished. What is the best way to catch some walleye this time of year on devils lake. Haven't had much luck the last 2 weeks and have no clue what to try next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sunday was brutal for me. The fish weren't cooperating when I jigged the towers or other humps earlier in the day. Tried trolling cranks around graham's island. Wanted to go to the golden highway with the downriggers but the wind had that messed up. Finally caught some fish using jigging raps on the humps in 6 mile but that was later in the day after the wind went down and it wasn't anything special. Small fish only for me this day. But don't get down....it will only get better the later it gets.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't use minnows much in open water but this time of year a simple jig and a minnow in the middle of the day works quite well at the bridges.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a ok day on Sunday -- even though we got off the water before that big ole moon started to rise ---- we caught nice fish and some of them were in gorge mode (I already posted that pic). What a beauty day though weather wise. Fall isn't like the peak of summer fishing; and I may not be doing it right but we slow down. Spinners is what worked for us on the majority of the fish. We were able to pull them right on the shoulder of a road that was close to the old shoreline and a old farm road. They were stacked tight and if you deviated your troll from that shoulder you didn't get anything.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a ok day on Sunday -- even though we got off the water before that big ole moon started to rise ---- we caught nice fish and some of them were in gorge mode (I already posted that pic). What a beauty day though weather wise. Fall isn't like the peak of summer fishing; and I may not be doing it right but we slow down. Spinners is what worked for us on the majority of the fish. We were able to pull them right on the shoulder of a road that was close to the old shoreline and a old farm road. They were stacked tight and if you deviated your troll from that shoulder you didn't get anything.

And where is said picture?? :;:huh

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is this fbo. That's why I don't bother with reports or pics. 243 I we most likely will be going up again this weekend ping me midday Saturday and I share what we get into . 20150927_173851.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is this fbo. That's why I don't bother with reports or pics. 243 I we most likely will be going up again this weekend ping me midday Saturday and I share what we get into . 20160118_155322.jpg

Nice fish, i was actually looking for pictures of the hole in the road, Nice Fish

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11